Talk about Kareena Kapoor and the first thing that would come to anyone’s mind (after Taimur of course) is the revolution her pregnancy created. However, the gorgeous mommy is also known for the charm she worked on the Pataudi khandhan. Be it her relationship with Saif’s children- Sara and Ibrahim or the pearls of wisdom she shares with her sister-in-law Soha Ali Khan, Kareena has been a standing example to many women out there.
Not just that, her equation with her mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore is also enviable. These 5 statements made by Kareena are proof enough that Kareen and Sharmila are an endearing saas-bahu, Jodi!
1. "When I am with the family, I am treated like a daughter. Sharmila ji treats me like a daughter. We are not in the 1900s. We don't live like traditional in-laws. We just went to the Maldives for a holiday where I wore a bikini in front of my mother-in-law. It's normal. I don't understand why it's such a big thing. I would do the same with my mother."
India definitely has come a long way in terms of being broad minded and welcoming other customs and traditions. However, there are a few limitations that still exist, especially when it comes to a Woman and her in laws. But, Kareena and Sharmila chose to step out of this entangled zone and set their own boundaries and also stood by it. And that is what has kept their relationship easy, breezy- just like a mother-daughter bond.
2. "For me, my mother-in-law will always be the eternal begum, a career-oriented woman who started a family, who ran the house, looked after three children but yet worked in the biggest commercial successes as well as some great serious cinema. She kind of always tried to balance everything. To me, she still is and still looks super gorgeous. Right from the beginning till now, I can't take my eyes off her. I look up to her in every way, so for me, she will always be that."
After Saif’s first marriage failed, the Pataudis definitely might have taken one day at a time with their new bahu. However, Kareena and Sharmila hit off like bread and butter and the daughter-in-law is all praises for her gorgeous mom-in-law. For Kareena, Sharmila was, is and will always be a woman of substance. From bringing up three children to making a mark in her career and staying super gorgeous, Sharmila has been a role model to Kareena in every way.
3. "She is so amazing, she is always like 'Work, you should work' and whenever I wear a dress, she is like 'You look amazing in a dress.' She is so, a woman of today. She is like a super woman."
There’s nothing better a woman can wish for than support from her in-laws and Kareena proudly admits she lucked out. Sharmila has always been a role model for Kareena and the pillar-like support from her saas, only helped Kareena take her career more seriously, even when she was pregnant.
4. "She (Sharmila Tagore) likes me in glamorous parts. She liked me in 'Fevicol' song (the item song in Salman Khan's Dabangg 2). She loves song and dance, so she always says that I should look sexy and glamorous. I think that is a compliment, as even after marriage looking glamorous... I like it."
Sharmila was an actress who brought in ‘glamorous’ into the industry and being a mother-in-law did not stop her from pushing Kareena to be glamorous and sexy. In fact, Sharmila once admitted that she likes Kareena in glamorous avatars. Now, that’s quite a rare compliment from a saas!
5. When Kareena wore her Saasu-ma’s dress for her wedding
Every woman dreams of her wedding dress, but Kareena decided to honour the Pataudi family’s tradition and willingly wore Sharmila’s lehenga for her wedding. Her mother-in-law’s dress was passed on as the family heirloom and Kareena was more than happy wearing it. The actress, in fact, did not opt for any latest design off the runway, instead, she made a few minor revamps to the khandhani lehenga and flaunted it. And we must admit she looked nothing less than a regal goddess!
Feature Image Source: cosmopolitan