If you have a website, you need the services of a web host to operate it effectively and smoothly. Undoubtedly, Dedicated Server hosting based on the Windows operating system is the best hosting platform for any website. However, before going into details of Windows dedicated server, let us first understand what exactly is dedicated server.
Understanding Dedicated Server
As the name suggest, it is a web hosting service that is exclusive for one single user. In this technology, the client completely owns the server and its resources, including the operating system, hardware, and software. The client gets complete administrative control over the server and doesn’t need to share it with the other clients of the hosting company. Dedicated hosting is the most powerful and flexible form of web hosting. It is a great choice for companies that look to scale their business online. More and more businesses prefer dedicated hosting because it gives their websites more flexibility, security and reliability as well as unique IP address and maximum uptime.
When it comes to choosing an operating system for your dedicated server, you have the choice of selecting between Windows and Linux. Both the operating systems have their benefits and depending on your business needs and convenience, you can make the choice. However, our topic is about Windows dedicated server, so we will be discussing its benefits for businesses.
Here is a complete list of features and benefits of hosting your website on a Windows Dedicated Hosting platform.
• As we all know, a Windows dedicated hosting environment is built upon the NT technology. So, it is a stable platform.
• It is easy to manage and install.
• Windows is a dynamic operating system. A dedicated server on this operating system is compatible with a lot of software, such as email software, process software, and control panels. There is no other operating system in the market that has such a vast software compatibility.
• With a Windows dedicated hosting environment, you can efficiently run and access software or applications that are developed on ASP.net programming platform.
• You can also access Windows Media Services.
Apart from these features, a Windows dedicated server has all the standard features of a dedicated server, such as
• Complete administrative access to the server.
• You get the option to choose and customize your own hardware, software, operating system, and any other managed service.
• Choosing a dedicated server ensures maximum uptime for a website.
• Unlimited amount of bandwidth, CPU, RAM, and disk storage.
• You get round the clock technical and customer support for any issue.
• It also comes with the option of upgrading or downgrading resources, depending on the business needs of websites.
• The performance of other websites running on the servers of your host would not affect the performance of your website. So, no chance of server slow down.
• With a dedicated server, your website is completely safe and secure because you are not sharing space with a potential spammer or a malicious website. So, it is an ideal hosting platform for companies dealing with confidential data or sensitive financial transactions.
With all these benefits, you can be 100 percent sure that a dedicated server will help your business achieve success. However, Windows dedicated hosting is one of the most expensive forms of web hosting platforms because it is not a free operating system and comes with a licensing fee. However, there are several companies in the market that offer cheap dedicated server in India without compromising on the quality. CloudOYE is one such company that offers a range of affordable and customized plans for dedicated hosting and all other forms of web hosting services.