These seem far too bizarre to actually be real... but they are!
1. When you understand that this is Russia in the 60’s it makes sense because this wouldn’t even be strange by today’s standards.
2. No Russian connection here. There was, however, such a thing as the Seattle tubing society in 1953.
3. Early 1900s French postcard. Let’s just hope this was part of an ‘animal bites human’ series.
4. One of the first comedy “what’s that over there?” moments from 1910.
5. Give that stomach wine for heavens sake! Give that stomach wine! All it can take! 1921 rally against prohibition.
See more »