|The Newcastle International Film Festival - get your tickets now!|
|Top festival team|
Film festivals can put places on the map. They attract press attention, tourism and entertainment industries which can bring money jobs and prosperity to an area. The magic of the movies remains mysteriously compelling but it is also big business. And founders of the NIFF want a slice of that for our beautiful North East region as well as the chance to let the region's creative talent shine on the international stage.
|Come and join the carnival!|
The film festival is the baby of Jacqui Miller Charlton MBE, and Craig Conway. Jacqui is a very successful local business woman, and the festival president, and Craig is a successful North East actor (Hellboy, Dog Soldiers) and is himself a film maker (54 films) with big ideas about digital distribution deals, brand new films and TV concepts to bring here.The festival even has royal Patronage from Prince Michael of Kent - a good friemd of Jacqui's.
|The press launch at St Peter's Basin|
|My name is Michael Kane|
Check out Craig highlighting this fabulous event coming your way very soon!
In addition to the festival selected films there will be:
- A selection of UK Premiere Hindi and Bollywood films
- A Chinese UK Premiere Feature Film
- A selection of Films featuring Women and Women’s issues
- A selection of exclusive horror films and shorts as part of our ‘Fright Night’, with an exclusive world 1st opportunity to meet and engage in a Question & Answer session with the legendary Neil Marshall director of The Descent, Dog Soldiers and Hellboy
- A public World Premiere “Born in Bristol – the big bang of Country Music” featuring the legendary Dolly Parton
- A music extravaganza evening
- Where the Stars meet the Stars (delivered by the region’s very own Gary Fildes, author of An Astronomer’s Tale)
- A special screening of Sir John Hurt’s ‘That Good Night’
The full programme will be out soon and the venues across the city confirmed, so it's time to get the popcorn out - if Cannes Can - We Can!
This post first appeared on Eccentric England - Nominated Best Cosmopolitan Travel, please read the originial post: here