It is the big advantage of using the app Truecaller one can get the detail of any unknown numbers. Actually, the user can get details of all those numbers which are registered on this app. When first time user installs this app, it asks permission to access contacts detail. After granting permission to the app it uploads all the contacts to its server. Later those numbers details are available to the app users.
It is available free of cost on google play store. More than 50 crore users have installed this app in the Smartphone. It requires Android version 4.0.3 or upper.
Here, privacy issue arises that’s why in starting it was banned in the UK. If you are also worried about your privacy and want to Remove your contact detail from Truecaller database, you can. There are certain ways to do it. I am going to share the couple of ways to remove your detail from truecaller. Here, one thing should be kept in mind that after removing it from the smartphone you cannot look for contact detail of any other person unless you are registered on this app.
How to Get Rid of Truecaller
Step By Step
1. If it is installed in your android phone, Go To Menu >> Setting >>About >> Deactivate.
2. Finally uninstall the app.
Another method, you can do it by visiting their official website truecaller[dot]com.
1. Go to https://www[dot]truecaller[dot]com/unlisting
2. Select your country.
3. Enter your phone number which you want to remove from truecaller database.
4. Select check mark I'm not robot.
5. Finally, click on UNLIST PHONE NUMBER. That’s all.
You have to wait for at least 24 hours to update the database.
Please. remove [dot] from URL to reach to the actual URL