If you are unable to bungle your way through a simple Ballot Application – maybe you shouldn’t be elected to manage a $4 trillion budget and help lead the most powerful country in the world. John Conyers Jr lost his appeal to get his ballot application certified even though he failed to get the mandatory 1,000 valid signatures. Conyers Jr, trying to fill his father’s position, was 1 of 4 democratic candidates that fumbled their application and could not get certification to run on the ballot.
Just south of Detroit in Lincoln Park, there was a multi-car crash on Telegraph. In one car, two woman died and a man was severely injured. 56-year-old Doug Samuelson’s hip was shattered and he had broken ribs. Two police officers from Flat Rock happened to witness the accident and pulled Samuelson from the car – just before it burst into flames. The family tracked down the officers to thank them for saving their relative.
Two Detroiters were charged with: Human Trafficking, Kidnapping, and Forced Prostitution. Lorenzo Hatcher and Lamyia Sneed kidnapped an Ohio woman and was held just under 3 months in an average Detroit home and forced into sex with customers.
There were 16,000 Detroit students suspended from public school last year. The school system is now ratcheting up the threshold so fewer kids are suspended, this is also part of getting federal and state funds. Wow – have they not read the news about how this ends in catastrophe? This is EXACTLY how the Parkland Florida shooting occurred: kids that should be in prison are in school instead, posing a threat to innocent kids and teachers.
A man moved into a Detroit home only to find his next door neighbor abandon the home and not take care of the yard. The owner refuses to sell or take care of it, so now the grass is waste high and home to rats, raccoons, possums, coyotes, along with scrappers and vagrants. The city has been aware of the problem for 12 years and hasn’t done a single thing to enforce regulations. Meanwhile, neighbors can’t rent or sell their homes because of the eyesore. Welcome to Detroit – the city will get right on that!
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- A 27-year old Detroiter was carjacked of his Hummer as he parked it on Mullane. Unlike many, the victim wasn’t shot anyway “for good measure.” Detroit police are looking for the suspect.
- During an argument at Detroit’s Cabana Motel on Harper, one man shot and killed the other. This area has a lot of shootings.
- There was a Smash & Grab theft at a Detroit liquor store. Thieves ran a stolen car through the front door, grabbed what they could and fled. So far this year, there have been 25 reported Smash & Grabs in Detroit.
- A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition after being struck in a Hit & Run. She and her mother were at a block party.
- On June 10th, there were 6 carjackings in Detroit. They were across the city, not in one dangerous location. Thankfully, no one was injured. But city officials are still “baffled” over why car insurance is 2X the rest of the country.
- A Detroit mother was caught on video kicking her 2-year-old son. The video went viral and she was just sentenced to 5 years of probation.
The post Detroit Realities #702 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.