You know when you’re running for the political office gravy train – hoping that no one notices you don’t even live in that district in the first place? Too bad for Detroit City Council member, Brenda Jones, that she was caught. She lives in the 14th district but Conyer’s U.S. Congressional Seat is for the 13th district.
Detroit police have arrested 27-year-old Cap Winn for the robber-murder of James Hunt in December. What is up with Winn? Last year, he was given just 2 years’ of probation for illegal scrapping and breaking and entering. Two months later, Winn was charged with: carjacking, armed robbery, felon in possession of a firearm, larceny, and fleeing a crime scene. Winn was STILL on bail when he shot Hunt in the head, killing him instantly and robbing the home. Naturally, Winn has robbery convictions going back many years. I think his bail judge should be charged as an accessory!
And finally, in “It is a Darwin move to be anywhere near Detroit” news,
- There was a double shooting on Detroit’s west side in front of a vacant home. One of the victims, a 24-year-old, was killed.
- On the city’s east side, 53-year-old Lamar McKay was arrested for shooting a 30-year-old three times, killing him and leaving him in the street. McKay has a 30-year criminal history of illegal drug dealing.
- From community tips, Detroit police caught a fatal hit & run driver from a December incident.
- 41-year-old Detroiter, Nheru Littleton, plead guilty for making terrorist threats online, he’ll be sentenced in April. He posted many statements like, “Kill all white cops!”
- The Wayne County Prosecutor charged 3 people for the kidnapping, torture, murder, and mutilation of a 28-year-old woman whose remains they torched in a car in southwest Detroit last month.
The post Detroit Realities #635 appeared first on Detroit Desurgence.