Miss 20 came over on the weekend, so we could get ready together to attend an International Women’s Day high tea.
I was struck by how different our Makeup routines were:
- Miss 20 started doing her makeup over an hour before we left;
- Whereas I didn’t start getting ready until half an hour before our departure. And doing my makeup took less than 10 minutes!
How Long Do You Take?
Although Miss 20 loves her makeup (you can find out more in How Much Makeup Do You Own?!), even she has managed to cut back on her morning makeup routine. Now that she works fulltime in the city, leaving her home usually just after 6am, she has whittled her everyday makeup application down to “just” 25 minutes.
She has begun to realise that an extra five or ten minutes’ snooze in the morning is much more precious!
I used to wear a lot more makeup too when I was her age but over time
I let myself go things changed …
- First, I stopped working in the city and started an office job in the ‘burbs, where I felt less pressure to be perfectly madeup.
- Plus, the hubster kept telling me I was beautiful without makeup – and in fact, that he preferred me without makeup! Eventually I started believing him …
- Next I spent several years as a SAHM (no makeup required!). When I did go back to work, my daily makeup routine consisted of a bit of Natural Glow or similar brushed over my face, and a slick of lippie – total time spent on makeup: approximately 1 minute!
These days I work from home so often don’t wear any makeup, though I do regularly use the lip balm on my desk.
Even when I do get dressed up and put my glad rags on, 10 minutes is all it takes to do what I consider a “full” makeup!
How long does it take you to do your makeup?!