Habitat for Humanity? Me? Us? Sioux Falls?
"I've always wanted to do that, but haven't done it yet..." or
"I was looking for a place and purpose to park the RV in August 2017..."
Sioux Falls is one of the great communities we have visited over the last eight years of Full-timing. We have friends who live there and have seen some interesting things.
- The city Bike Trail alone makes me want to hang out for a while there.
- The downtown area has a lot of great restaurants.
- The city art / sculptures on the sidewalks and stores makes the place even more intriguing.
- And the City Falls Park is another wonderful thing to see in Sioux Falls.
But the main reason we are going there is to volunteer with the Habitat for Humanity RVer group known as Care-A-Vanners (CAV). The Habitat for Humanity Sioux Falls affiliated is sponsoring a CAV build July 30 - August 13, 2017.
If you can make it there, please consider joining us. It will be fun. We need four couples to join us there. If you've never done any work with Habitat for Humanity, its easy its rewarding and we always have a good time. And it will give you a change to learn more about HFH.
We'd love to meet you and help out the Sioux Falls community.
Skill level? None required. Nope -- all skill levels or no work experience at all is needed to work on Habitat builds. We will find a job for you. Everyone can help.
But it is essential that you be:
- Willing to help
- Interested in learning
Here are somethings we can look forward to:
- Meals: Sunday evening after we arrive on July 30, 2017, the affiliate will have a Welcome Dinner for us. During the week, all they will furnish breakfast and snacks during break time. Also we will have one other dinner with the team hosted by a local Sioux Falls volunteer couple.
- Meaningful work: We will be building a house from the ground up. The foundation will be poured and ready to go for our time there. Not all volunteers get to be involved in the framing phase of the build. This will be great!
- T-Shirts: Yes! Your own memento T-Shirt provided by Habitat. (What Care-A-Vanner didn't love another T-Shirt?)
- HFH Care-A-Vanners Build list: Sioux Falls. Look around the web site. click on the Sioux Falls link and go through filling out the Volunteer information.
- We'll be staying at the Tower Campground. The affiliate pays for your full hookup/50 amp site/ with sewer.
If you'd like to join us 'click' on the build list where you see 'Sioux Falls' at the bottom of the page:
More info on the build with the 'please fill out the registration form' link.
If you have questions or need more information, please shoot me an email or let me know how I can get in touch with you and Lets Do This!
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles - And thanks to you folks that take the time to post a comment. We really appreciate it!