I have a recipe below to share with you! Please have a look and let me know if you decide to make it at home and how you enjoyed it!
1/2 loaf of french bread, sliced at an angle into 1-inch slices
a slash of whole milk
a drop of vanilla
a drop of almond extract
1 tsp cinnamon
6 large juicy strawberries (the riper the better), stems removed, sliced
1/2 C of unsalted butter, softened. Plus about a teaspoon for the griddle.
1/3 C powdered sugar
a few strawberries, sliced, for serving
1. Prepare butter: in a mini-food processor, blend together butter, powdered sugar, and fresh strawberries. Remove strawberry butter from food processor into a separate small bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and keep cold in fridge until french toast is done.
2. Preheat griddle to about 350 degrees.
3. Prepare french toast batter: in a large, flat bowl (I usually use some kind of square tupperware), whisk together milk, eggs, extracts, and cinnamon.
4. Melt extra butter on griddle.
5. Dunk slices, one by one, in french toast batter (both sides), and lay on hot griddle, until all slices are on griddle (mine fit about 7ish slices).
6. When the side-down shows a bit of golden color, flip each slice to the other side (about a minute or two). Remove from grill when the other side is golden as well.
7. Serve with fresh strawberry slices and your homemade strawberry butter.
Strawberry Butter Recipe Adapted From: Landolakes
Also check out: http://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/2012/04/peanut-butter-banana-stuffed-french.html
This post first appeared on Vanessa's Soda Fountain, please read the originial post: here