The program is called Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) where they can be employed at the Department of Education for 40 working days under the supervision of the Youth Formation Division.
Dr. Juan Araojo, OIC of Youth Formation Division (YFD) that under this year’s SPES, students aged 15 years old and above are allowed to join the program to accommodate those who are in Senior High School.
Previously, they must be at least 18 years old.
For those who are interested, the application program is open and the deadline will be on March 27.
The SPES is open to all qualified high school, college or vocational students or drop-outs and interested employers.
- 15-24 years old
- enrolled during the present school year/term or during the school year/term immediately preceding the summer vacation
- a dropout who intend to continue his education
- parents’ combined net income after tax, including his own, if any, does not exceed P36,000 per annum
- garnered a passing grade during the school year/term referred above or in a case of a dropout, the last year/term attended
- his/her parents have been displaced or about to be displaced due to business closure or work stoppage
- Any person or entity who has employed at least 50 workers at any given time during the past 12 months.
Duly filled Registration Form 01 (3 copies) with ID pictures attached and attested by the school principal or registrar.
You can download the form here.
- Birth/baptismal certificate
- Form 138 where age is specified
- Joint Affidavit of two disinterested parties pertaining to the age of the student.
- Form 138 (High School Report Card)
- Certification by School Registrar that the student has a passing school grade during the previous semester/school year
- Certified true copy of the student’s class card where his/her passing could be determined
- Latest Income Tax Return of the Parents / or a certification from the employer/union president that the parent of the applicant is to be displaced or have been displaced.
WHERE TO APPLY?
Students-applicants may apply at any of the following:
- DOLE Regional/District/Provincial Office
- Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs), or other deputized entities.
Employers may signify their intention to hire students by signing a Pledge of Commitment and submitting it to the nearest PESOs/DOLE Regional Offices. For more information visit the nearest local PESO office in your area or, the DOLE Regional, Provincial and District Offices.
Read Also: 112 State Universities and Colleges may give free full tuition after the passage of Senate Bill 1304
The Senate Bill 1304 or the Free Higher Education for All Act seeks to institutionalize a tuition-free policy in the country’s 112 SUCs was passed on Senate last March 13 with 18 affirmative votes.In 2017 national budget, P8.3 billion is allocated to provide free tuition fees in SUCs.
Read more: http://ift.tt/2lVKEQV
See Also: 2016 Top 150 Philippine Schools and Universities According to PRC Board Exams Passing Rate
Read more: http://ift.tt/2mEItyv
The post 15-25 Years Old Student/OSY Can Now Apply for SPES Program appeared first on Jerminix.