Are you looking for a tasty cocktail recipe using wine, not liquor? This rapsberry lime white wine slushies recipe is a nice choice for a hot summer day.
I pretty much stopped drinking liquor before our kids were born, except for the occasional margarita when we’re out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Now, if I have a drink, it’s nearly always a glass of wine.
However, sometimes that can get boring and I want something a little tastier – especially on hot days. So this summer I started making white Wine Slushies.
Peaches and raspberries are my favorite fruit and the store has been out of frozen peaches lately. I have done this with store-bought, pre-frozen raspberries and with raspberries I froze on my own.
I prefer the raspberries that I’ve frozen on my own since they’re usually sweeter from my experience. If you choose pre-frozen raspberries, you may need to add extra stevia to your wine slushies to balance the tartness.
You’ll also want to choose a sweet wine like Riesling for your white wine slushies. I find that drier whites like Chardonnay don’t taste as good balanced with the flavors of raspberry and lime.
Raspberry Lime White Wine Slushies Recipe
- 8 ounces sweet white wine
- 1½ cups frozen organic raspberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Stevia powder to taste
- Slice of lime for garnish
- Ice, if needed
- Place the bottle of wine in the freezer until it's ice cold. You want it near freezing.
- Add the sweet white wine, frozen raspberries and lime juice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want it icier, you can add some ice to the blender and blend it in.
- Blend in stevia to taste.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Have you ever made white wine slushies? What is your favorite fruit to add?
The post Raspberry Lime White Wine Slushies Recipe appeared first on Happy Mothering.
This post first appeared on Happy Mothering - Inspiration To Live A Simple, Na, please read the originial post: here