No-one can give better advice on what to buy a Teenage girl for Christmas than a teenage girl herself so for this Christmas gift guide, I’ve drafted in Miss Frugal and her Picmonkey skills to help me to help you with what to buy the teenage girl in your life for Christmas.
It didn’t quite go according to plan though when I saw that the first gift guide she produced had a distinctly un-frugal feel to it. We decided to name that version the ‘Splurge’ version and include it anyway for those who are splashing out this Christmas and I asked her to do a second, more budget conscious version which we’ve called the ‘Save’ version (although even her budget version isn’t as budget as I would have liked.
Still, I wanted to share a gift guide with you to help you understand what the teenage girl you’re buying for would appreciate by getting my teenager to write it so it wouldn’t be fair for me to change her suggestions or not include them just because they’re not what I had in mind, would it?
So here we have in all of their glory, the splurge and save versions of ‘What to buy a teenage girl for Christmas – as written by a teenage girl’….
And the accompanying notes that she’s written to go with the gift guide, just so I’m clear….
- Anything Apple is appreciated, especially in Rose Gold.
- Beats Headphones would be great.
- I love Pandora.
- An Olympus Pen like yours would be good but a DSLR would be better for my photography classes at school.
- A Micheal Kors bag would be good and I don’t mind if it’s from the outlet shop.
- Make up but only nice make up please.
And now we have the ‘Save’ version….
And again, her notes to help me understand….
- Don’t judge! I might not like the group but this is the nicest perfume ever.
- Any Costa vouchers are great.
- Also any Boots vouchers ready for the Boxing Day sale.
- Real Techniques brushes are the best but I’ve bought a few with my pocketmoney so remember to check before you but me any.
- Nike Air Huaraches in green please. They’re not cheap but I shouldn’t really get trainers for Christmas so they count as a cheaper present.
- I love Lush but remember everything’s half price in the sale so we could just queue the next day because I won’t be having a bath on Christmas day so I can wait.
- Any Bath and Bodyworks hand sanitizers so I can add to my collection. (Mum’s note – eBay!)
- I’d like some new phone cases. (Another Mum’s note – eBay are great for cheap phone cases but order in plenty of time)
- Soap and Glory things are on offer and I’m running out.
- GHDs are good value because I use them every day and I’d like the pink ones please.
There you have it, what to buy a teenage girl for Christmas as written by a 14 year old.
Edited to add: I just read this back and I realised that it sounds very ‘I want’ on the part of Miss Frugal so I wanted to make it clear that it’s written that way because I deliberately asked her to tell me what she would like for Christmas and why for the purposes of a gift guide to share on my blog. She’s not expecting it all and certainly won’t be getting it all. #JustSaying
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
The post What to buy a teenage girl for Christmas – as written by a teenage girl…. appeared first on The Diary of a Frugal Family.
This post first appeared on The Diary Of A Frugal Family - Living A Fabulously Frugal Family Life, please read the originial post: here