The Schlagerboys attended the press conference for the hosts this morning. Our schlager heroes Petra Mede and Måns Zelmerlöw talked about the contest and the script writer Edward af Sillén talked about his love for the contest.
Here's what we learned:
- It's basically going to be fab
- Petra and Måns like each other
- At Melodifestivalen 2009 when Petra was hosting, Måns was the only artist to wish her luck. But she didn't really speak to him at the time. She probably wanted Alcazar to win.
- Måns does lots of physical exercise before a contest including running around the Globen. Petra doesn't bother.
- 10 minutes before the contest begins, Petra, Måns and Edward get together to prepare but they didn't go in to details. We imagine they have a group hug and sing, "Invincible" by Carola. That's what we'd do, anyway.
- Edward Af Sillén has been writing scripts for Eurovision since he was 5 years old
- There are going to be interval acts that celebrate Eurovision. The Schlagerboys think this is a good idea. The interval with blokes up ladders that they had in Copenhagen, for example, was rubbish and we have no recollection of the interval act in Austria, it was that good.
When asked to name his favourite ever Eurovision song, Edward Af Sillén pondered for a bit and then named "Vuelve Conmigo" from 1995. Errrr.... we don't think so! The Schlagerboys don't believe a word of this. We remember Edward when he used to DJ at Lino Club and various schlager nights in the mid 00's and he was basically a schlagerboy! We would ask him for "En Gång For Alla" and he would play it for us every time. "Vuelve Conmigo" is a big old schlager ballad with a key change but good grief, it's not Nina And Kim!
If you're going to select a ballad from the 90's clearly the only choice is "Give A Little Love Back To The World" UK 1990. Now we're schlager-talking!