Swiftly Tech Tee// Shorts (very similar)// Sneakers
Sunglasses// Tote Bag
Blanket (more here, here, here, here)// Gray Lighthouse Sweatshirt
Shop the Look:
I've never been one to travel lightly. So, I've always been a Tote Bag girl for that reason. I'm pretty sure this must be a genetic thing passed down starting with my grammie, my aunt, my mom and me (haha!). I've always carried anything and everything I could ever possibly need and tote bags are one of the few bag styles that facilitates this.
In recent years, though, I've kind of quelled this urge to be a pack mule and mostly carry smaller cross-body bags (my Louis Vuitton Favorite MM bag is my #1 favorite handbag ever).
However, whether I am going back and forth from my parent's, taking blog photos, going on a weekend trip, cleaning out my closet, going to the pool or beach, etc. etc. I am still such a tote bag girl. I have an embarrassing amount of tote bags and notice that I really favorite certain ones.
My top favorites are:
- Barrington Gifts St. Charles
- Vineyard Vines
- L.L. Bean
- Mansur Gavriel
I'm thinking I should do a post on each bag because they really are all amazing in their own way... let me know if that's something you'd be interested in by commenting below!
I recommend each one wholeheartedly. However, I would say in the past year, I have been using my Barrington Gifts St. Charles bag the most out of anything (this is not a sponsored post).
As much as I love the other totes mentioned above, the St. Charles is THE BEST. Here is my quick reason as to why:
- The nylon outer material is indestructible and you can wipe it off with a warm damp cloth.
- The personalization options are endless. Seriously, you can design this bag to make it work with whatever your style is. All black? Sure. Hot pink print? Yep. Preppy plaid? Yes.
- The leather is high quality and the bag is overall very well made and high quality.
- The light hued fabric lining makes it very easy to see what you have inside of the bag.
- The 6 roomy pockets have to be one of my top favorite things about the bag. These pockets make packing for a long weekend a breeze. I've never found a tote with pockets like this.
- This bag is HUGE. You can easily pack for a weekend with this bag.
The only thing I don't love is that it doesn't zipper. I do use it as a carry-on often, but I have to be mindful that there is no zip. It has never been an issue, but this bag is not something I would take on an international trip because of the lack of zipper. Barrington makes a zipped bag, but it's significantly smaller than my beloved St. Charles bag.
In the photos above, I am using the St. Charles tote as a picnic bag. We walked to the strip district on Saturday morning. If you are not familiar with the Strip District, check out my post, here. The weather was absolutely perfect. Gorgeously sunny and warm with a cool breeze. We got all of the provisions for our picnic and walked to Point State Park. Roundtrip, this entire 'walk' was 13,000 steps.
I knew it was going to be a very long walk to the strip, then all the way to the point then back to my apartment, so I wore athletic clothes. There was no need to dress up and I was more than comfortable- the sneakers were such a necessity... which also reminds me that I need to do a full post on these sneakers because they are the best EVER. So ridiculously pricey for sneakers, I know, but try them on and you'll fall in love.
Tell me, do you have a favorite tote bag? Is there one I'm missing that I need to know about?!