Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Oahu 2015 Day 1 & 2

We are always wanting to go to Hawaii. It had been 3 years since our last visit (Big Island) and 5 years since we last went to Oahu. We have a ton of flyer miles and Mr. Tiki wanted to check out the Hawaii record swap so an excuse was had. I booked us a cheaper condo on vrbo. It was on the edge of Waikiki by the zoo, closer to Diamond Head.  We usually stay more in the middle but this seemed like a good idea to be on the edge then we didn't have to drive thru Waikiki so much and it was close enough to places we liked.

The airport was having a really nice Art Deco exhibit so I made sure to get us to the airport with enough time to check it out.

I love these Hawaii shorts with Matson written all over them.

Our flight was good, had our own tvs with a 150 movies. Mr. Tiki decided to try and binge watch The Hobbit. We got in and walked across the street to Avis and headed to Diamond Head Grill which was near our place and somewhere we liked going in the past.

By time we arrived Mr. Tiki seemed to of slipped into a low blood sugar coma and just ordered a ton of food. Our food was fine but we remembered liking it more. We headed to their market to buy coffee for the next day and one of their infamous scones so we would have breakfast. Got to our room and then went to the ABC store for some beer and water.

The next day,  being on California time we woke up really early but yet tired. We had some scone and coffee on the 10th floor.  Our condo/hotel had this nice unobstructed view of the zoo/Diamond Head and beach.

We then went for a walk around Waikiki Pier and Beach. We quickly noticed how hot and humid it was. We needed some lunch so decided to go to Puka dog but now it wasn't puka dog anymore but hula dog and moved inside the grocery store. I liked mine fine but Mr. Tiki went to sweet.

After all this it was time for a nap for few hours.

After eating lunch at 10:30am it was now 3pm and we needed dinner! We really wanted to go to Marukame Udon which we heard was great and had huge lines.

Well, when you eat dinner at 3:30pm, there is no line.

The deal there is they make the noodles fresh in the store and it is cheap as hell. You pick your style then you can add tempura things piece by piece. Since it was sooo hot, I went with cold zaru udon and Mr. Tiki went hot. It was very good.

We then were still kinda out of it and decided to get some record shopping out of the way.  We went to Jelly's and Hungry Ear. Hungry Ear had moved from Kailua since our last visit. I got some great stuff and they were super nice. We hit a few other spots then tried to figure out our evening. The girl at the record store said that the tiki bar, Hula's Bar, in our hotel was having like their 40th birthday and it was going to be a big party. That seemed easy enough. We went to check it out,  it was fun but then kinda drank too much and got to bed way too late.

for more photos, click here. 

This post first appeared on AlohaTiki, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Oahu 2015 Day 1 & 2


Subscribe to Alohatiki

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription