Narendra Damodardas Modi is the current Prime Minister of India. On 26 May 2014, he was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India. Narendra Modi is a Bharatiya Janata Party MP from the state of Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi. In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Narendra Modi contested from both Vadodara and Varanasi Lok Sabha seats. From both the seats, he won with huge votes although he later left the Vadodara seat. Narendra Modi was born on 17 September 1950 in Vadnagar, Gujarat. Narendra Modi’s early times were full of struggle. At the age of only 17, he left home. At the age of 20, he became a regular member of the RSS. Before becoming the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat (2001-2014) three times. During Modi’s tenure as Prime Minister, about 100 new public welfare schemes such as Jan Dhan Yojana, Make in India, Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Digital India Mission, etc. A target has been set to construct 2 crore toilets across the country under the Prime Minister’s Clean India Mission. A film has also been made in Bollywood on this subject. Out of 24 hours a day, Narendra Modi works for 18 hours. Narendra Modi’s day begins with yoga.
Narendra Modi’s Early Life
Narendra Modi was born in Vadnagar, a small town in the Mehsana district of Gujarat state. When he was born, it was in Bombay but now it is currently located in Gujarat. The financial condition of Narendra Modi’s family was not good; his father was a street trader who had struggled a lot to nurture his family. Modi’s mother is a homemaker woman. Modi Ji along with his brothers sold tea at the railway station and then at the bus terminal to support his family. Modi Ji had faced many difficulties and obstacles in his childhood days, but with the strength of his character and courage, he turned all challenges into opportunities. In this way, his early life was very struggling.
Information About Narendra Modi’s Family
Although there is not enough information about Modi’s private life but political debate sometimes reveals facts and stories of his personal life. Modi was born in a middle-class family in Vadnagar in Mehsana district. His father’s name is Damodardas Moolchand Modi and his mother’s name is Hiraben Modi.
According to the traditions of the Ghanchi community, Modi Ji was married to Jashoda Ben Chimanlal in 1968 at the age of 18. According to the reports, it has been said that Modi Ji was not divorced from his wife, but still, both of them separated from each other. Modi’s wife Jashoda Ben used to work as a teacher in a government school in Gujarat and now retired.
Apart from being an excellent orator and a prolific writer, he is a caring son and a man of a cheerful lifestyle. Those who have been associated with him for a long time know that his idea of power is quite exciting. He underwent rigorous training in the US on public relations and image management.
When it comes to the brand, Modi says that there is no greater inspiration than Mahatma Gandhi. It is said about Gandhiji that despite being a stick in his hand, he was a non-violence priest. Gandhiji never wore a hat, but people all over the world wear a hat called Gandhi. Modi’s emergence as a developed leader from a simple supporter of a Hindutva party shows his ability to build an image. Two years of arbitrary behavior in the Himalayas and living with yoga practitioners gave him a proper knowledge of Hindutva. He partly states that people listen to him with great attention while talking about ideologies.
Narendra Modi as a Chief Minister of Gujarat
- Narendra Modi first contested the Vidhan Sabha elections in 2001 and won one of the 2 seats in Rajkot. After which he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat. Actually, at that time, Keshubhai Patel’s health had deteriorated and on the other hand, BJP lost some assembly seats in the by-elections. After which the national leadership of BJP was handed over to Modiji by the hand of Keshubhai Patel and he was given the charge as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- On 7 October 2001, Modi was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. After this, his successive victories went on.
- He first won the by-election for Rajkot’s ‘Second Constituency’ on 24 February 2002. He defeated Ashwin Mehta of Congress by 14,728 votes.
Narendra Modi’s Role in General Election 2014
In June, a year after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the fourth time, he was made the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party. And in this way, he appeared as the prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections. Due to which Modi Ji had to relinquish the post of Chief Minister of Gujarat. However, during that time some members of the BJP along with Lal Krishna Advani opposed this thing. But still, Modi Ji won both Varanasi and Vadodara seats during that time. And had made his place as the prime ministerial candidate in the upcoming general election.
During this election, Modi ji held about 437 election rallies across the country, during these rallies, Modi ji put many issues in front of the public, due to which people were impressed and voted for BJP. Then the BJP’s victory in the 2014 general election became a historic victory. This year BJP won 282 seats out of 534 on the basis of absolute majority. And thus Narendra Modi became a new face as the Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi as a Prime Minister
On 26 May 2014, Narendra Modi was sworn in as the Prime Minister after winning the Prime Minister’s post and thus he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of the country. After Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, people started expecting a lot from him. As Prime Minister, Modi did many developments works in India. He encouraged foreign businesses to invest in India. Modi Ji implemented various rules, permits, and inspections so that business can grow more and easily. Modi Ji spent less on social welfare programs and focused more on healthcare. Apart from this, Modi Ji also did many things to encourage Hindutva, defense, environment, and education.
Most Powerful Person in Forbes List
Forbes magazine of 2015 ranked Narendra Modi ninth as the most powerful person in the world. Modi was ranked 14th in the Forbes list in 2014. The magazine said of Modi that the GDP rate was implemented at 7.4 percent in the first year of the Prime Minister’s Office and that he has highlighted his profile as a global leader, especially during the meeting with Xi Jinping and Barack Obama. It also states that there is a need to establish ties with countries to manage 1.2 billion people and now Modi will have to adopt his reformed Angeda for the country and control his opposition.
In the Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Narendra Modi Became Prime Minister Again
In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, the glory of Modi Ji was again prevalent. Modi revolution left other parties far behind. Narendra Modi Ji won an unprecedented victory by getting 303 seats with an absolute majority. This is the first time in the history of India that a leader has won such a major victory for the second consecutive time with an absolute majority. The people of India have chosen their Prime Minister this time, and everyone has shown full confidence in Modi Ji. Say the Modi wave or Modi revolution, this time the Lok Sabha elections of India dominated the whole world. Modi’s applause was all around. The public was very happy with the work of Narendra Modi Ji for the last five years, due to which the public wanted to give him one more chance. People have high hopes from Modi Ji for advanced India. Modi Ji also said “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas and everyone’s faith = victorious India”. Modi Ji called this victory the result of the hard work of BJP workers.
Narendra Modi in Controversy
- The 2002 Gujarat riots were the biggest controversy in Modi’s career, under which critics said that Modi Ji was the mastermind behind instigating this riot.
- In 2002, Teesta Setalvad held Modiji responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulberg Society.
- Narendra Modi Ji’s name also came for Ishrat Jahan’s fake encounter. He was held responsible for this.
- Narendra Modi’s marital status was also criticized.
- Since Modi Ji’s name was coming up in the Gujarat riots, due to this, his visa was canceled by the United States.
- In 2015, Narendra Modi Ji wore a suit worth Rs 10 lakh, in which his name was written as ‘Narendra Modi’. He was criticized for this.
- It was for the first time in the Indian Parliament on 10 August 2018 that any comment of the Prime Minister was removed from the Rajya Sabha records. In his speech, while congratulating Harivansh, after the election of the Deputy Speaker of the Rajya Sabha, PM Modi said that the election was between ‘two green’.
Narendra Modi Interesting Facts
- As a child, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army, and he also tried to join the Sainik School. But due to poor financial condition, he could not enroll in Sainik School.
- At the age of 17, Modi left his home and went to travel to different parts of India.
- Prime Minister Modi did not share his official residence with any of his family members.
- He did a 3-month course on image management and public relations in the United States.
- Modi Ji considered Swami Vivekananda very much, he was his great follower.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader on Twitter, he has more than 12 million followers. Both Modi ji and Barack Obama are also very good friends.
- In 2010, when Narendra Modi was serving as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Gujarat emerged as the second-best state in the world.
- Modi Ji did not take a single day off during his 13 years as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi Ji is active in various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, due to which he is considered the most techno-savvy leader of India.
- Modi Ji always signs in the Hindi language, whether it is a casual occasion or an official document.
- In 2016, a wax statue of Modi Ji has been made in Madame Tussaud Wax Museum, London.
- Narendra Modi Ji is really very religious, and he fasts for the entire 9 days during Navratri every year, even if he is traveling.
- Modi Ji sleeps only 5 hours a day or less.
- Modi Ji is known for being very stylish in his dressing. She loves traditional Indian dress.
Narendra Modi FAQ
- What is the full name of Narendra Modi?
Narendra Damodardas Modi
- What is Narendra Modi Date of Birth?
17 September 1950
- What is the birthplace of Narendra Modi?
Vadnagar in Mumbai State, presently Gujarat
- What is Narendra Modi’s caste?
Mod Gachi, OBC
- What is the name of mother and father of Narendra Modi
Mother Heeraben, Father Late Shri Damodardas Moolchand Modi
- What is the name of siblings of Narendra Modi
- Som modi
- Amrit Modi
- Prahlad Modi
- Pankaj Modi
- Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
- What is the name of Narendra Modi’s wife
- When did Narendra Modi get married
- When did Narendra Modi become the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time
- On which day did Narendra Modi ji take oath as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time?
7 October 2001
- When did Narendra Modi become Prime Minister for the first time?
- On which day did Narendra Modi take oath for the post of Prime Minister for the first time?
26 May 2014
- How many seats did BJP get in the first election of Narendra Modi?
The post Narendra Modi Birthday | Interesting Facts About the Prime Minister of India appeared first on BulletinXp.