Date : 09-Sep-2020
Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Nutanix,a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere.
- MaxMoney,the first Malaysia-based company to be awarded a full-fledged Money Service Business (MSB) license by Bank Negara, the Central Bank of Malaysia.
- Nutanix announced that Malaysian money exchange and remittance services provider MaxMoney has adopted Nutanix to modernise its IT infrastructure and improve customer experiences.
- MaxMoney has since witnessed 100 percent system availability and increased response time for digital services at their branches, allowing the firm to serve more customers in a day.
- Besides 100 percent availability, MaxMoney’s system now runs with greater efficiency and flexibility. Response time to database queries from the branches has been reduced from two minutes to less than five seconds, eliminating the chance of a server timeout and allowing service agents to help more customers each day.
- Mohd Izzairi Yamin, Chief Technology Officer, MaxMoney, said,Nutanix offers a complete suite of solution that only solves current issues, it also allow scaling of future innovation at competitive costing to enable them to deliver the best of customer service.
|Mohd Izzairi Yamin, CTO, MaxMoney|
- Mohd Firdaus, Engineer, MaxMoney,said,Nutanix Prism serves a centralized orchestrator that offers dashboard view of information from all angles and the automation has allowed the team to pay more attention towards future innovation.
- Avinash Gowda, Country Manager, Malaysia, Nutanix,said,Nutanix supports some of the largest financial institutions in Malaysia on their digital transformation journeys.
- MaxMoney is one of the leading remittance companies in Malaysia. However, its legacy technology infrastructure could not scale to support the company’s growth
- Additionally, the company’s branches are mostly situated in locations with poor internet connectivity that offers only one or two megabytes of data transmission per second. The system’s slow performance became a hurdle to the company’s business expansion plans. MaxMoney needed technology that was always-on and able to deliver quick responses when required.
Malaysia Country Manager, Nutanix
- With Nutanix, MaxMoney now has the flexibility to seamlessly move data from one server to another, thus helping ensure redundancy, load balancing and security of its data. It is in a better position to store and protect customer information, as well as ensure compliance to data privacy and security regulations.
- MaxMoney now runs 60 virtual machines (VMs), production systems, mission-critical databases and development operations on a system powered by Nutanix’ hyperconverged infrastructure. These support the company’s mission-critical applications, including its email server as well as its money changer and currency wholesale applications.
- MaxMoney’s migration to private cloud was completed within a week. Despite having no prior experience with Nutanix products, MaxMoney’s IT team found the platform straightforward and easy to use.
- I am wondering how does the solution fit into the poor Internet connectivity scenarios ? How did they solve the poor Internet connectivity issues ? Whoever has the answer, feel free to comment below.