Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Lack of emergency facilities in ambulance cost Argentinian tourist his life, alleges live-in partner

Jaipur: The 29-year-old Argentinian tourist Juan Pablo Lamp, who died in the city on Saturday after being gored by a bull, may have been saved if Emergency Facilities such as oxygen were available during the critical golden hour, alleged his live-in partner Paula Haenninen on Monday.

Pablo failed to recover after he was gored by a bull opposite Taadkeshwar Temple in Chaura Rasta and succumbed to his injuries later at SMS Hospital.

He was, in between, shunted to the Amar Jain Hospital in Chaura Rasta and later to SMS in an ambulance, which lacked emergency facilities, and wasted precious time while battling death, said Paula, recalling the incident.

The duo had come down to the city from Pushkar on Saturday. “At around 5pm, we were both heading for a cinema hall when Pablo suddenly pointed towards a bull and said he was gored by it on the right side of the neck. He was not able to breathe and collapsed,” she said, still in a state of shock and crying continuously at the home of an ‘Art of Living’ volunteer in Jaipur.

“Four men came and carried Pablo to a nearby clinic who asked us to take him to a bigger hospital. The ambulance in which he was taken to the hospital was ill-equipped and the oxygen cylinder was not working. Even the private clinic was in a bad shape,” she said.

“It was horrible to see him struggling. I tried to open the windows of the ambulance. It took almost 15 minutes to reach the hospital. I must appreciate Dr Shreya of the SMS Hospital and the team who did everything to save Pablo, but we lost him,” she said.

The post-mortem report of Pablo suggested that he had internal bleeding. The blood from his neck got into the lungs, resulting in congestion.

“I urge the government and concerned authorities to ensure that ambulances and clinics are fully equipped with oxygen supply so that no one goes through such a tragedy,” she said.

Meanwhile, police said that the post-mortem was conducted after an official from the Argentina embassy arrived here. “They have some insurance issues to settle before taking the body,” said a police officer.

Source : timesofindia

This post first appeared on Daily Kiran, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Lack of emergency facilities in ambulance cost Argentinian tourist his life, alleges live-in partner


Subscribe to Daily Kiran

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription