Make no mistake, the real speed of a proper Golf swing is generated by a making a good hip turn more than anything else. By correctly rotating or “clearing” your hips you allow your upper body to deliver the club to the ball with speed, consistency, and power.
In this episode of The Golf Podcast, hosts Frank and Mike chat about their experiences learning things like proper swing sequencing and hip turn in an effort to produce a more efficient golf swing. We’ll tell you how to set the stage for a good turn, how to let your hips lead the way through the downswing, and why it’s so important to commit to the turn with confidence.
In This Show You Will Learn:
- Why you need to keep your knees bent and lower body engaged in order to make a good turn on the ball.
- How to make sure your swing remains aggressive without being rushed.
- Why upper and lower body separation are so key to making a powerful golf swing.
- Plus much more.
Listen to This Week’s Show
- Download on iTunes here
- Download on Stitcher here
- Download on Spreaker here
- Download on SoundCloud here
- Listen on Spotify here
Links from this Week’s Show
- Link: Clearing Your Hips for a More Consistent and Powerful Golf Swing
- Golficity App: Download the Free Golficity App Here
- Golficity Facebook Group: Click Here to Join Our Free Listener Group
Watch this Week’s Show on YouTube
Support this Week’s Sponsors
- Titleist is committed to ensuring that every golf ball delivers superior quality and consistency. From ball to ball, dozen to dozen we should expect our golf ball to perform exactly the same way, shot after shot. That’s why Titleist owns the design, the technology and the manufacturing to make sure consistency spot on every time. They even conduct all the testing and quality checks to make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Titleist is the #1 ball for every player and the #1 ball in golf. Choose the best for your game and find out more at Titleist.com.
- The Shot Scope V2 is the only GPS watch on the market that combines GPS distances to greens and hazards with automatic performance tracking. It’s essentially, GPS + Automatic Performance Tracking – ALL IN ONE WATCH. Wear the V2 like a watch and play your golf like normal, the magic happens in the background — no phone needed. And now you can get $40 off the purchase of Shot Scope V2 by visiting ShotScope.com/Golficity or by using coupon code “golficity” at checkout.
- Wizardpins.com is the easiest way to create custom pins with your logo or design. Head over to Wizardpins.com and enter code GOLF to get 20% off your first order.
Thanks for tuning to The Golf Podcast!