While making a plan of a house, the position of staircase is have to decide very specifically . This is something that cannot be altered ,once it is finalized especially when it is matter of R.C.C. finish or Stone finish or Concrete finish. There are various different kinds of staircases by one can design a house. The basic requirements to be looked into are the usage of the staircase, designation of an area for the same and the support of the staircase.
Once these questions are answered, there are the different kinds of staircases to look into:
- Straight Staircase : This is the most common form of staircases used inside houses. The steps usually range between 16 to 20. It is easy to go up and down and easy to carry things also. It is convenient and functional.
- Quarter landing stairs: These stairs include one landing which is usually after about 10 steps and the remaining 5 or 6 steps follow after the landing. The landing changes the direction by about 90 degrees. The area of landing should be carefully decided and planned with the architect.
- Half Landing Stairs: Similar to quarter landing stairs, these stairs change flight by 180 degrees. The direction of the stairs totally changes. There is enough space on the landing.
- Spiral stairs: These types of stairs have a spiral or a circle resembling shape. Such staircases are not really convenient for elders and kids; they are also not suitable for regular use and fast climbing. It will help us at cluttered space.
- Compact Stairs: These kind of stair occupy the minimum space inside the house, they are inconvenient and usually not preferred inside the house. Only suitable for store rooms where the usage is minimum.
- Winder Stairs: The last variation in stairs are the winder stairs which turn into a 90 and 180 degrees, and more than the landing, these type of staircases are safe and convenient. They look good but they also require accurate calculation in terms of the number of steps and the landing. There are single winder stairs and double winder stairs, single winder stairs turn by 90 degrees and change the position from beginning to end. While double winder stairs turn by 180 degrees and are more compact than single winders.
Also, staircases can be classify by different types of material and that can be decide by the structure of the particular home.Well as per above we only talked about home related stair interior but as in fact staircases are the useful and needed element for each and every structure.
This post first appeared on IDprop Is The Biggest Platform For Interior Design & Architecture Professionals, please read the originial post: here