Designing a tropical modern house. In the past, the ancestors to build a House by taking into account climatic conditions in the vicinity. Roofs of houses deliberately high with wide eaves, in anticipation to minimize sunlight and rainwater. The house also has a terrace and created a model of the stage to the air flowing freely.
Another uniqueness is the selection of building materials that did come from the surrounding nature, such as wood, bamboo and thatch. The natural material is applied as a wall or roof coverings.
The materials are considered to be able to control the heat in the room, so it was cool in the daytime and in the evening was warm. This is evident from the variety of ornaments that adorn the traditional homes. Design houses as such is a proven design that is ideal constructed in Tropical climates.
While in other parts of the world, such as Europe, about 1920 times of the Second World War many buildings were destroyed so it takes the rapid development, according to the function, and not costly.
Since that time many buildings were erected with the use of fabrication materials. In the end the home produced has the architectural style that became known as modern architecture.
Some works of modern architecture that is known to many people is a masterpiece designed by Louis Sullivan, Le Corbusier and Frank Lloyd Wright. The forerunner of modern architecture which brings an understanding that well-known in the ears of the practitioners of architecture is the form follow function or form follows function.
Advances in technology and western culture also affect development in Indonesia. One is the influence of the style of the building. Style modern buildings spread tropical design house. Then both developed and combined to produce a modern tropical house design. For example, the combination of the gable roof and wide eaves, combined with some canopy windows made of concrete.
Building the home made stage with foundation material using concrete, steel, or steel. This in turn adds to the wealth of home design in tropical climates.
Before planning brings tropical modern architecture at home, you should know in advance guidelines that can facilitate the process.
- Specify the orientation of the building. It’s good the building facing north or south. Avoid façade facing westward so that not too much glare from the sun will be directly led to the window of your home.
- Set with good natural ventilation. Thus the design of the house should have cross ventilation or cross ventilation.
- Set natural lighting appropriately. Try spaces such as bedrooms and bathrooms could obtain supplies of natural light. With so homes will be more energy efficient and free from germs.
- Apply the roof slope angle of 30˚ with a minimum of 80-100 cm wide eaves.
Provide outdoor space in the form of terraces, can be in front of the house or in the back of the house.
- Elevate floor of the building up to 80 cm so the space inside is noticeably cooler and protected from moisture.
- Put a window opening on the affected part of the morning sun and keep it away from the afternoon sun.
- The composition of building elements in geometric shapes are aligned with little ornamentation. If you want to add ornaments, give elements of vertical lines or horizontal.
- Design of spatial planning according to the needs and habits of the household. By doing so, will produce a functional arrangement of space.
Use building materials that are resistant to local environmental conditions.
Set the home garden to be more beautiful and lovely, so the house away from the noise and can lower the temperatures outdoors.
The post Designing a tropical modern house appeared first on House Design Interior Exterior and Furniture.