Chill out this summer with a light and cooling Honeydew juice. This recipe is a handy solution for any melon that is not perfectly ripe, including those with a mealy texture that can be unappetizing. The addition of honey really enhances the natural “honeydew” flavour and hides any imperfections in the fruit. Chill the glasses before serving your honeydew juice for a frosty effect.
With only two people in our household, it can sometimes feel like work to finish an entire melon. Stop sneaking it into every meal over the week and instead throw it in a blender to make this tasty beverage.
- 1 honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp honey to taste
- Pansy for serving, optional
- Add honeydew chunks and water to blender.
- Blitz for 30 seconds or until all pieces have been liquefied.
- Taste if juice needs some sweetener, and add honey to taste.
- Serve in chilled glasses and garnish with a pansy.
The beauty of this recipe is that it will work for most juicy fruits. Instead of honeydew melon try a cantaloupe, watermelon, or even a bunch of mangoes. This is an especially useful trick for overripe fruits that your family doesn’t want to touch anymore. Just be aware of the sweetness levels and adjust the amount of honey used to the natural sugars in the fruit. For a spiked version, we added a shot of black cherry vodka, which was delicious! I imagine most fruit-flavoured liquors will complement this juice. Cheers!
The post Honeydew Juice appeared first on Kiku Corner.