By Steven Peters — In all the years I’ve eaten Pizza, I hardly ever eat the Pizza Crust because all the good stuff is further in the dough and it’s gobbled up to leave me with the dreaded leftover pizza crust.
But in my tried and true (well, 90% of the time) ‘throw assorted leftovers in the fridge and see what tastes good’ method, I found this tasty meal that left me gratefully satisfied.
If you don’t eat the pizza crust like me, you know there’s at least a pound of crust just thrown out. Hint: don’t through it out! As my Dad always said, “Waste not, want not!”, and the same principle applies here.
So save those leftover crust portions and don’t let anything go to waste.
The key here is to freeze it until you’re in the mood for a tasty treat that costs pennies.
I recently bought two pizza at Papa John’s Pizza (the best pizza chain I’ve found east side of the Mississippi) and had over two pounds of pizza crust and I wasn’t about to let it go to waste; after all, it’s the same dough they made my mouthwatering pizzas from!
Prep time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 15 mins.
Cooking skill: easy
- 1 pound of pizza crust
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (I prefer freshly grated)
- 1 Tablespoon of basil
- 1/8 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon of Pink Hymalian Salt
- 8 ounces of your favorite marinara sauce
- Take the pizza crust out of the freezer and out of the freezer container.
- Cut the pizza crust into 2-3″ strips.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in a microwave oven.
- Put all of the ingredients except the marinara sauce and cheese into the mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients making sure the butter is sopped up and things look evenly covered.
- Place the ingredients in the bowl on a large baking pan (line with aluminum foil to save time on cleanup) and spread out the crust leaving about a half inch between each piece.
- Spread a moderately thick layer of the mozzarella cheese over the pizza crust strips.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While it’s baking, heat the marinara sauce in a microwave covered bowl to your desired temperature.
After 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and using tongs or spatula place into a serving plate, sprinkle parsley evenly over it and it’s ready to serve. Dip them in the marinara sauce and enjoy!
If you have any pizza crust leftover recipes you’d like to share, leave them in the comments below. We welcome your input!
The post Ridiculously Delish Cheese-Dripping Pizza Crust Leftover Recipe appeared first on Natural Revolution.