Whether you are a professional or a DIYer looking to set up your tools appropriately, you need a Tool chest. There are varying options to select from, and this article brings you the best tool chests available in Australia. These tool chests have been carefully selected based on storage space, mobility, security, and versatility. Dive into this review to find the best tool chest to safe keep your tools today.
Best Tool Chest with Tools: Sp 11 Drawer Tool Chest
This tool chest comes with the tools; it has 236 pieces of tools included in the chest. This is the overall best tool chest because it doesn't only have tools; it offers extra storage with a side cabinet. It has a trolley that makes it easy to move either in the garage or the garden. The drawers are made with stainless steel and chrome vanadium steel for the tools. The wheels are heavy-duty, as well as the ball-bearing drawers for easy sliding.
The Sp Tool Box Sp50628 tool chest has a double-powder coating to prevent scratching. The finish is of high polish to make it easy to clean. The tools include sockets and accessories that are all protected in high-density foam storage for tools. Other tools in the tool chest are 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" Dr sockets and accessories, Wrench, Spanners, Screwdriver, Plier, Hex keys, Torx keys, Cutters, Hammer, Tape Measure, and so on.
- Has tools with high-density form tool storage
- It has a side cabinet for extra storage
- High polished finish for easy washing
- Stainless steel drawers with ball rollers
- Clicklock drawer locking keeps the drawer locked
- Quite pricey with the tools
Best in Storage Space: Giantz 17 Drawer Tool Chest
This giant is the best tool chest for storage space. The Giantz 17-drawer tool chest is sturdy and durably made with high tensile powder-coated steel. It is the best tool chest in the storage space with 17 drawers. It has 10 top drawer chests and 7 bottom drawer trolleys. The sectioning into the top chest and bottom drawer gives room for versatility and mobility of this toolbox.
The drawers slide easily with effective ball rollers. It can carry heavy tools up to 75kg in the top chest, and all the drawers are made heavy-duty. Four castor wheels provide this best tool chest with easy mobility. The drawers are lined to keep the tools in place. Locking the drawer is smooth with upgraded cam locks.
- Strong high-tensile powder-coated material
- Heavy-duty tool chest supporting up to 75kg in the top chest
- Large storage space with 10-drawer chest and 7-drawer trolley
- Smooth drawer runners with ball bearings
- Secured premium cam locks with keys
- It May be heavy to move as a unit
Best Transportable Tool Chest: Rolling Tool Storage Box
Are you thinking of traveling with your tools? Or do you want your garage tools well organized? This Rolling tool storage box is the best tool chest for you. It has a 3-case storage compartment that offers ample space. The toolbox is made with polypropylene with high thermal and corrosion resistance. Each of the three drawers has inner compartments for tool organization and classification.
The movement of this Rolling tool storage box is facilitated by a drop-down handle. The handle has a comfortable grip for smooth handling and convenience. All three compartments are easily collapsible, making it possible to carry just the top box.
- Made with polypropylene for durability
- Not heavy to move
- 3-case storage with inner compartments
- Fold-down handle for movement
- Adaptable for traveling
- Less security as there is no lock for some compartments
Best Value Tool Chest: Bullet 8 Drawer Cabinet Chest
The best tool chest with great value for money is the Bullet 8-drawer tool box cabinet chest. It is a split unit with a lower cabinet for bulky tools storage. The upper chest is lockable and has different sizes of drawers. Four caster wheels support the toolbox cabinet chest. The wheels have two caster lock that stations the chest when it doesn't need to be moved. A tubular cam lock system is used to secure this cabinet chest.
It is made with high tensile powder-coated steel, making it solid and durable. There is a side carry handle that makes the tool chest easy for transportation. The drawers slide in and out smoothly with ball bearings. Each drawer of the Bullet 8-drawer is fitted with mesh grip liners to keep the tools in place while moving the chest. Pegboard side panels with hangers are an extra addition to this tool chest.
- A split unit with 8 drawers
- It has a storage cabinet for heavy tools
- 4 caster wheels with locks
- It has a tubular cam-lock security
- Mesh grip liners keep the tools in place
- Has pegboard side panels and hangers
- Not best for compartmentalizing tools
- It May be heavy to move as a unit
Most Versatile Tool Chest: Giantz 15 Drawer Tool Chest
The Giantz 15-Drawer is the best tool chest when it comes to versatility. It features a large space for storage with 15 different drawers. This chest is made out of high tensile powder-coated steel for strength. For versatility, it features 9-drawer chests and 6-drawer trolleys. Those can easily be split into two separate units. The drawers slide smoothly over ball bearings, and the tools are protected with gripped EVA pads.
Security of the chest is assured with upgrade cam locks with keys. The movement of this tool chest is made possible with four castor locks. Two of these locks have breaks that can be used to immobilize the tool chest. The top of the chest is impact-absorbent and has sturdy and convenient handles.
- Versatile 2-in-1 split unit
- Strong with high tensile powder-coated steel material
- Large storage space with 9-drawer chest and 6-drawer trolley
- Smooth ball bearing and EVA pad tool protection
- Secure upgrade cam locks with key
- No space for large-sized tools.
Best Portable Tool Chest with Seat: 888 Rolling Tool Chest
The best tool chest that is portable and offers the comfort of sitting is the 888 Rolling Tool Chest Stool. This tool chest has a padded seat creeper that can be used as a stool while working. The chest also has three can holders that can be used for keeping drinks or spray cans. It has three drawers for holding tools, stool stop, and can holders.
SP Tools is the maker of this tool chest with a heavy-duty frame. The seat is comfortable with high-density foam padding. The three drawers move on ball bearings. It is fitted with four swivel castor wheels for movement and stationing.
- Has heavy-duty frame
- Features a foam padded stool top
- Can holders for keeping spray cans or drinks
- 3 drawers with ball bearings
- Movable on swivel castor wheels
- Low storage space
- Quite low for pushing with hands
How to Maintain Your Tool Chest
Tool chests are essential to maintaining and keeping your tools in good condition. However, it’s crucial to ensure that your tool chest is in good condition too. If you have a tool chest for your tools, keep these strategies in mind to maintain them.
1. Organize your tools efficiently.
Not neglecting how you keep the tools inside your tool chests is essential. Most tool chests have compartments that are ideal for some tools. Keep this in mind when arranging your toolset. This is one way to protect the shape and use case of your tool chest whiles keeping it organized.
2. Learn how to clean your tool chest.
Not all tool chests are the same. Some tool chests are built with materials that oxidise and begin to rust after interaction with some elements. Learn about these to ensure you’re not unintentionally exposing your tool chest to rust by using inappropriate cleaning materials. You’ll find cleaning instructions for your tool chest in the instructions manual.
3. Use your tool chest efficiently.
Regardless of the build material, a poorly maintained tool chest would not last past its designated lifetime. Be sure to use your tool chest appropriately not to wear it out. If you’re unsure whether a use case for your tool chest would have adverse effects, it probably would. Also, develop a routine of polishing and cleaning your tool chests intermittently.
Step-by-Step Approach to Cleaning Your Tool Chest
Here’s a step-by-step approach to cleaning your tool chest thoroughly. Ensure you have the right tools and cleaning agents before beginning the process.
- Take your tools out from the tool chest. This is important to not miss out on any tools while cleaning, allowing you to gather your tool sets in an ideal space before you begin work.
- Remove the drawers. Do not clean your tool chests with drawers in place. You will miss out on cleaning your tool chest thoroughly. Disassembling the drawers from the tool chests also allows you to wash them separately.
- Start cleaning from the exteriors. Begin to clean the tool chest after you have removed all the drawers. Start from the shell and work your way to the interiors of your tool chest. If you have a rolling tool chest, grease the castor wheels after cleaning them to keep them running smoothly. Again, ensure you use the suitable agents and appropriate solutions in your cleaning process.
- Reassemble the drawers. After a thorough clean of the interior and exterior of your tool chest, fix back the drawers and pack back your tools. Remember to do this gently and tighten any screws to prevent them from falling out. We recommend cleaning your tools anytime you clean your tool chests to maintain the freshly cleaned tool chest.
The best tool chest is the one that fits your needs. If you want a tool chest with a complete set of new tools, then you are fine with our overall best tool chest. The Sp Tool Box Sp50628 with 11 drawers has over 200 tools. If you already have your tools but need a safe chest, then you have five excellent options.
The Giantz 17-drawer tool chest offers the largest storage space for small tools. If you travel with your tools, the Rolling Tool Storage Box fits that bill perfectly. The bottom line is that there is a tool chest for every need.