Proof of just how far out hippies could be in 1960s and '70s Britain...
1. John Lennon-style hippie glasses were ubiquitous in swinging London. Even on the dance floor. In the dark.
2. The dance steps matched the attitude: casual and colorful.
3. But then again, maybe it’s less about crazy hand gestures and more about lava-lamp lighting?
4. Here’s what broadcast journalism, circa 1973, looked like.
5. 1973 was also the year The Wicker Man came out. Which might explain the surge in maypoles and freaky animal costumes.
See more »