Packed with fruit, oats and peanut butter, this Cherry Berry Peanut Butter Smoothie is a delicious way to start a healthier new year!
Happy New Year!! I hope your 2018 has been good to you already! If we haven’t met yet, I’m Keri from Shaken Together. I thought I would start this new year with an easy recipe that is perfect for breakfast, a post work out snack or an after dinner treat.
Cherry Berry Peanut Butter Smoothie
My 17 year old is not a huge breakfast eater. But since he is an athlete and very active teenager, I know how important it is for him to eat (or in this case, drink) something each morning. Enter … smoothies! Smoothies are such a versatile way to get lots of fruits, veggies and protein in one, on-the-go cup. You can easily adjust the ingredients for your preferences and dietary choices.
Here is what I used for this cherry Berry Peanut Butter smoothie:
- Cherries, berries and bananas provide vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants.
- Oats are low fat, provide fiber and help stabilize blood sugar.
- Peanut butter packs lots of protein and helps keep hunger at bay.
- Almond milk is low in calories and has lots of calcium.
If you prefer, use a scoop of vanilla protein powder instead of oats. You can use any frozen fruit that you love. Use dairy milk or another nut milk if that fits your diet. Don’t eat peanut butter? Substitute your favorite nut butter. However you decided to make it, this smoothie is delicious!
- 8 oz. vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup oats (or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder)
- ¼ - ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- ⅓ cup frozen fruit cherry berry blend
- 1 small banana or ⅓ cup frozen banana slices
- Blend all ingredients until totally combined and smooth.
- Split between two glasses and garnish with frozen cherries.
Don’t forget to pin this to your smoothies, breakfast or healthy eating Pinterest boards!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes!
The post Cherry Berry Peanut Butter Smoothie appeared first on The Crafting Chicks.