|Aloe vera : One of the Oldest Medicinal Plants|
Aloe vera is one of the oldest known medicinal plants gifted by nature. It is known by its various names such as Miracle plant, Lily of the desert, Burn plant, Elephant's gall, etc. It is a stemless or very short-stemmed succulent plant growing to 80–100 cm tall, spreading by offsets and root sprouts. The leaves are lanceolate, thick and fleshy, green with a serrated margin. The flowers are produced on a spike up to 90 cm tall, each flower pendulous, with a yellow tubular corolla 2–3 cm long.
Aloe Vera contains more than 75 known active ingredients. Also included are 19 of the 20 Amino Acids required by the human body and 7 of the 8 essential amino acids (that the body cannot make), as well as vitamins and minerals. There are 20 "critical" Amino Acids in human metabolism, but the body can only make 12, the other 8 have to be obtained from food. These are Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, and Tryptophan.
Aloe Vera contains useful enzymes such as Amylase, Bradykinase, Catalase, Cellulase, Lipase, Oxidase, Alkaline Phosphatase, Proteolytiase, Creatine Phosphokinase, Carboxypeptidase. Most of these are beneficial to human metabolism. Lignin gives Aloe Vera its penetrating powers. The plant contains important minerals like Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorous, Sodium, and Zinc. Aloe Vera contains useful vitamins like vitamin A (beta-carotene and retinol), B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6 (pyridoxine), B12 (cyanocobalamin), C (ascorbic acid), E (tocopherol) and Folic Acid. Clinical evaluations have revealed that the pharmacological active ingredients are concentrated in both the gel and rind of the aloe vera leaves.
|Aloe Gel is Used to Cure Various Health Ailments|
Aloe vera is an antiseptic, antibacterial and anti inflammatory in nature. Here are a few health benefits of this miraculous plant.
- Cures colon cancer and heals the intestine
- Soothes arthritis pain and inflammation
- Protects the body from oxidative stress
- Gives relief from constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglyceride levels in diabetics.
- Reduces hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Accelerates healing from physical and burns.
- Acts as a tonic for the kidneys; prevents kidney stones.
- Keeps a check on cholesterol levels
- Boosts the oxygenation of blood
- Protects the body from oxalates in beverages such as tea and coffee
- Alkalizes the body & further, helps to balance acidic dietary habits.
- Moisturizes the skin, accelerates skin repair
- Cures ulcers, and other digestive disorders
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance
Visit HerbHealtH for more articles on Herbs and Health @ http://drgarimasancheti.blogspot.in/
This post first appeared on The Healing Herbs Of India, please read the originial post: here