Debunking 5 common myths related to cataracts
According to one study, Cataracts are the leading cause of blindness worldwide, yet many people that have been diagnosed with the condition do not understand cataracts or know of potential treatments.
A recent article debunks five Common Myths related to cataracts:
- That cataracts are a rare condition,
- That cataracts are preventable,
- Other vision conditions cannot be corrected during cataract surgery,
- If you can see just fine, you’re not going to get cataracts, and
- Cataract surgery is dangerous and painful.
To learn more about why those five items are “myths”, and for a link to a useful quiz to test your knowledge of cataracts, read the article here.