With Mother's Day just around the corner we thought it might be fun to share a recipe for the expectant mamas out there. Growing bellies need plenty of nourishing moisture to remain comfortable as the weeks of pregnancy tick by. This simple balm is packed with nutrient-rich lipids that can help keep mom's growing belly well moisturized while providing a boost of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits to her increasingly sensitive skin.
For some mamas, using a moisturizing belly balm, like this one, can even help reduce the likelihood of stretch marks. Other factors, like genetics and baby's growth rate, come in to play here as well, but adding a conditioning balm to your skin care routine is one way to help your skin cope with this amazing transformation. You can check out our two other belly moisturizing recipes here: The Ultimate Belly Balm for Expecting Mamas | Soothing Body Oil for Expectant Mamas
Happy Mama Belly Balm
Makes 155 grams / Fills about five 1 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tubes with Caps
- 30 grams Organic Beeswax
- 10 grams Jojoba Esters, MP70
- 20 grams Organic Shea Butter
- 15 grams Murumuru Butter
- 25 grams Virgin Marula Oil
- 25 grams Buriti Fruit Oil
- 20 grams Organic Virgin Argan Oil
- 10 grams Vitamin E 400 IU Oil
- Combine beeswax and jojoba esters in double boiler and heat until melted through.
- Add shea butter and murumuru butter and heat until fully melted.
- Remove from heat. Add marula, buriti, argan, and vitamin e oils and stir well.
- Carefully pour melted balm into paperboard tubes. Allow balms to cool and harden completely (wait 30-60 minutes) before placing caps on the tubes.
Usage and Packaging
- We packaged this recipe in our 1 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tubes with Caps - part of our new collection of gorgeous eco-friendly paperboard containers. Be sure to check out our other paperboard products here: 0.3 oz. Brown Paperboard Push-Up Tube with Cap | 1/2 oz. Brown Paperboard Jar with Flush Fit Lid | 4 oz. Brown Paperboard Jar with Flush Fit Lid
- To use, simply rub the balm onto your belly, breasts, hips, and any other areas that feel dry or itchy. Repeat once or twice every day.