Going to see a dental specialist is usually the last thing on people’s minds. Life becomes hectic and as a result, scheduling an appointment becomes very difficult. It is important however to take time out to make sure your dental hygiene is taken care of. Here at Vita Dental in Katy TX, we provide affordable dental care to you with licensed professional and experienced dentists that will help put you at ease and answer questions that you may have. Here are some of the important items you need to check off your to do list before going to see the dentist.
- X-Rays- If you have had X-Rays of your mouth taken by another dentist, it is important to get in touch with that person and make sure you get those faxed over to us before you schedule your appointment. Insurance may or may not cover the cost of getting new x rays done depending on your provider.
- Insurance- With regards to insurance it is best to know what kind of plan you are on. Whether you are signed up independently or through your employer, it is important to find out which type of plan you are on so that way you know what kind of services you are covered for. You should contact your insurance company for more information
- Don’t try to do a deep brushing or deep flossing the night before- If you are brushing your teeth or flossing the night before, it is best not to overdo it as this will cause irritation to your gums. It is important to have regular dental care done on a regular basis by brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing every day.
- Full Disclosure- Before going to see a dental specialist, it is important that you disclose any conditions that you have such as bleeding gums, pregnancy, allergies and others. The dentist will be able to counsel you accordingly on what steps to be taken.
- Don’t be nervous- If you have any concerns or issues with what your specific appointment entails, talk to the dentist before your appointment so when you do come in the office can meet your needs accordingly. A good tip for relaxation is to put lavender oils on your temple and pulse points. This will distract you while you are having your appointment done.
- Come early- If you are coming to see us at Vita Dental in Katy for the first time, it is important that you come in early to fill out new patient information paperwork and also bring your dental records as well so that way you can be seen on time. Your appointment can be anywhere within thirty minutes to two hours depending on wait time and the time it takes to go over the paperwork.
- Schedule an appointment– After you have your appointment, meet with our front desk to schedule another appointment for cleaning or for any other dental care that needs to be done. Preferably cleanings should be done every six months to help avoid cavities or gum disease or any other infections. You can call Vita Dental at 713-766-1208 if you need to make any changes before your appointment.
The post What To Know Before Going To See The Dentist? appeared first on Vita Dental.