The Andaman Islands are the heavenly getaway for young couples, newlyweds, families with kids, corporate getaways and for older adults, who just want a tropical retreat. Thanks to at least 36 tourist-friendly islands, Andaman has become the top international destination for vacationers looking for something more than the usual tourism package.
Points to make your Andaman Nicobar tour package a huge success
Thousands of people, from India and abroad, travel to Port Blair every month to experience the bounties of Mother Nature. However, since it is close to nature and far away from human intervention, stays on islands like Havelock and Smith might require a little more than the usual planning.
- Try to book a good hotel on the Port Blair Island. Book one that has good reviews and ratings.
- Pre-booking is very much necessary during the peak tourist seasons.
- Havelock Island is the haven for tourists craving to spend time amidst nature, but nature also includes mosquitoes. Carry a mosquito net for an uninterrupted night near the sea.
- It is possible to stay on Smith Island, but finding accommodation is very difficult due to the scarcity of commercial hotels and resorts. Plan your Andaman Nicobar tour package at least 6 to 8 months in advance for a nice stay on the calm and quiet island.
- Always carry a basic first aid kit with sterilizing agents, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal medication. Tropics are popular for infections and it is not very uncommon to get a nick or two during deep sea dives and water sports.
- Always carry your medication. If you have inhalers, EpiPens, insulin and heart medication, carry them on person wherever you go. Becoming stuck on the Barren Islands with a severe asthma attack is not an option for anyone.
- Carry insect repellents. The place might be pristine and far away from the pollution of the cities, but the islands have their fair share of insect populations.
- If you plan to take ferries to the northern islands of Andaman, book the tickets at least one day in advance. Peak seasons bring mad rush to the jetties, and it is quite common to miss an entire day’s trip for 5 minutes of delay.
- Do not travel with a lot of cash. There are ATMs on Port Blair. Since most tourists choose to stay on this island, most local agents will recommend leaving your valuables behind in the hotel locker room, if possible.
- Try not to pre-book cabs. Rickshaws are much cheaper. They can take you through decrepit lanes in record time for menial amounts.
- Do not bring back “memorabilia” from the beaches or the islands beyond Port Blair. Collecting shells, rocks, tribal handicraft or corals is punishable by law. You can buy real memorabilia at the Aberdeen Bazaar, Port Blair.
- Traveling to some parts of Nicobar need a special permit. The Nicobar Islands are only open to Indian tourists, so get your paperwork in order before you board that chopper to Indira Point.
Andaman is an exciting place for all types of tourists and travelers. It is very easy to forget a few basic rules of tropical travel but missing a few simple items during packing can ruin your entire holiday. Always start planning with plenty of time in hand and start with a checklist of items to help you pack.
The post Tips that will make your Andaman holiday a roaring success appeared first on ExploreLifeStyle.
This post first appeared on ExploreLifeStyle | Get All Lifestyle News And Info, please read the originial post: here