Embarking on a journey to attain immaculate complexion is difficult as there are so many treatments for each problem. There is no one method to solve Skin problems, until now. Scientists have found a “one-in-all” method to rid all skin related problems and make your dreams come true.
Introducing Radiofrequency Microneedling (RF Microneedling)! It is a new and innovative technology to reduce visibility and severity of acne related scars, wrinkles, sagging skin, stretch marks, etc. It is a revolutionary method that is gaining popularity amongst dermatologists and beauty gurus. If you are suffering from any skin related issue and want crystal clear skin, then your search ends here, as RF Microneedling is the answer you have been looking for.
What Is RF Microneedling?
RF Microneedling is a non-invasive method for treating scars, blemishes, dark pigmentation, and aging skin. It uses radio-frequency to remodel scars and collagen. The energy pulse is carried through a fractional technique into the deeper layers of the skin. Heat and energy tighten skin and breakdown scar tissues. This is done with minimal damage to the upper layers of skin, which results in the body’s production of collagen and elastin fibres, making your skin healthier and firmer. The process is gentle and has very little downtime.
Skin Concerns And Application Of RF Microneedling
RF Microneedling is applicable on all skin types and offers a wide range of benefits for each skin problem. Fractional RF Microneedling uses microneedles with a high-tensioned radio-frequency pulse to target the damaged tissue to rebuild and renew it.
Fractional RF Microneedling works on:
- Sagging, loose skin and wrinkles
- Large open pores
- Fine lines
- Acne scars (pigmentation, pock marks, and hypertrophic scars)
- Stretch marks
- Dark pigmentation (melasma)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Facial and body scars
- Dull complexion
Treatment Procedure For RF Microneedling
Here is a step-by-step procedure for RF Microneedling treatment.
- The face is numbed 40 minutes to one hour before starting each session to avoid any pain or discomfort.
- It takes approximately 20-30 minutes to cover the entire face. Time will vary depending on the part of body as well the patient’s pain threshold.
- The instrument will be gently pressed over your skin for a second. The skin expert will continue to do so until the desired area of skin is treated.
- A cooling gel will be applied post treatment to provide relief.
Benefits Of Microneedling Therapy
It is truly a “one shop stop” solution for problematic skin. Let’s look at some of the benefits you receive with microneedling therapy.
- Improvement in skin tone
- Wrinkle reduction
- Improvement in fine lines
- Skin rejuvenation
- Tighter and firmer skin
- Complete removal of acne scars, pigmentation, and stretch marks
- Smoother and brighter complexion
- Reduction in pore size
- Improvement in skin texture
- Plumper and youthful skin
Before And After Results
Picture of patient who has undergone RF Microneedling treatment for Acne Scars.
Categories Of Microneedling
Microneedling is divided into three categories. They are cosmetic, medical, and surgical needling. It differs according to the length of the needle.
- Cosmetic Needling – These needles have the shortest length ranging between 0.1-0.5 mm. Anesthesia is not required before using this type of microneedling. They are ideal for wrinkles and fine lines. You can use them for better absorption of topical lotions and creams.
- Medical Needling – The length of medical needles range between 1mm to 2mm. They are capable of penetrating into the papillary dermis. They help in the production of collagen and are useful for acne scars, stretch marks, and dark pigmentation. There are tools safe for home use, but professional supervision is advised. Anesthesia is often recommended while using medical needles.
- Surgical Needling – These needles are the longest, extending to 3mm in length. Surgical needling cannot be done at home. It must be operated by a trained professional along with local or general anesthesia. These needles are long to enough to reach the reticular dermis and are capable of reaching subcutis, which is beneath the skin completely.
After-Care Instructions For Microneedling Treatment
There are few points that must be adhered to post microneedling treatment.
- Avoid stepping out in the sun for 48 hours. Use a non-comedogenic sunscreen with minimum SPF 30+.
- Keep your skin care routine simple and basic (i.e. cleansing, toning, and moisturizing) for one week. Use bottled water to wash your face.
- Use aloe vera gel to soothe any redness or inflammation.
- Try to avoid inflammatory medicines for two weeks post the microneedling treatment.
Side Effects Of RF Microneedling
- Microneedling can cause swelling and redness, which is normal and will subside within 36 hours.
- There can be some pain after each session. If it becomes unbearable, please take a paracetamol as advised by the doctor.
- Skin might start to scald post session. Do not pick the flaky skin and let it fall off naturally.
- If there is an infection after the treatment, then please visit your dermatologist immediately.
Facts About Sub-Ablative Radiofrequency And Acne Scarring
- After each session of RF microneedling treatment, the skin is sensitive and red for duration of 12-36 hours.
- Fractional RF microneedling requires minimum of 3-5 sessions for optimal results.
- Fractional radiofrequency does not use harmful or damaging laser energy.
- It remodels collagen, which in turn improves scarring and gives a tighter and healthier skin.
- It is ideally most suited for mild to moderate acne scars.
- In case of severe acne scars, RF can be combines with Synergy method to heal and reverse the scars.
- Radiofrequency microneedling uses radio waves to penetrate into the deepest layers of the skin.
What Type Of Acne Scars Respond Best To Radiofrequency Treatments?
There are many types of acne scars. RF microneedling responds well to acne scars such as –
- Box acne scars
- Mixed acne scars
- Rolling and depressed acne scars
- Red acne scars
How Is Fractional Radiofrequency Scar Treatment Different From Laser?
RF uses radio waves to heat the collagen under the skin. These waves flow between electrodes positioned on the skins surface and heat flows through the skin layers with less impedance.
Laser uses heat, energy, and light to ablate skin. The thermal energy (heat) causes the scars to breakdown and remodel, and over a period of time, the scars begin to heal.
How Many Sessions Will It Take?
It can take anywhere from 3-5 sessions for a duration of six months to see any positive results. The number of session depends of three factors-
- How old the acne scars are
- The type of acne scars
- How your acne scars respond to RF microneedling
Is Radiofrequency Scar Treatment Painful?
This form of scar revision is probably the least painful one. The lighter setting can hardly be felt and does not require any numbing cream. Although, the higher setting of RF microneedling might need a numbing cream before the treatment.
How Long Will It Take My Skin To Recover From RF Scar Treatment?
Depending on the severity of the RF treatment, it can take maybe a day or two for your skin to recover. You might experience skin flaking and redness. If the treatment is strong, then it can take several days or even a week to recover from the treatment.
How Do At-Home Microneedling Systems Compare To The Professional Ones?
At-home microneedling has its pros and cons. It can be cheaper but dangerous, if the research isn’t thorough or if the needles are too long or mishandled. Professional microneedling is best suited for people who want to be in secure and trained hands. It might be costly, but results are achieved to optimum levels.
How Often Should I Get It Done?
If you are suffering from acne scars, it is ideal to space each session at about 4-6 weeks. Depending on the condition as well the type of RF microneedling (fractional or plain needles), the treatment must be spaced accordingly.
Radiofrequency microneedling is more than just for acne scars. Regular sessions will ensure your skin looks youthful and glowing. You need to try this beautifying treatment to complete your journey for beautiful skin.
The post Everything You Need To Know About Radiofrequency Microneedling appeared first on Oliva Clinic.
This post first appeared on Best Source For Tips On Skin Care, Acne, Hair Loss, please read the originial post: here