No one wants to grow old, but invariably everyone does. The Aging process of a body takes toll on every individual as time progresses. There is no miracle formula that can stop aging. However, the aging process of the body can be controlled or slowed down by living a healthy life style.
Tips to stop aging
Some people look young even at the age of 45-50, whereas other young people who look old at 25-35, why? The human body ages at different rates, depending on the health and fitness of an individual. People who maintain a healthy lifestyle tend to age slowly; others who neglect their health grow old faster. Medical Experts and prominent Yoga Gurus believe that you consciously control the aging process. The yogis have been able to control biological processes and aging by controlling their breathe (prana). Diet, and adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Your daily routine holds the key to your longevity and health. Here is the list of some of the best secrets to effectively stay young forever. The most powerful secrets to slow down your aging process:
- Control your palate. Eat in moderation and eat healthy, especially at night.
- Drink water and lots of fluid. Start your day with water in the morning.
- Avoid alcohol, stale and pungent food.
- Eat adequate protein required for healthy skin, hair and nails. Proteins are needed to build and repair body cells. A medical study reveals that 1-1.6 gram protein per kg weight of your body is recommended for an average adult. For e.g. an adult weighing 75 kg should take approximately 75-120 grams of protein per day.
- Exercise, walk and meditate daily. Your morning hours are precious use them for yourself. Don’t rush into your day. Find atleast 30 minutes for yourself first thing in the morning.
- Eat raw food, roughage, fruits and uncooked food in your diet. This food is live and will keep you energetic. You also don’t waste much energy in digesting this food.
- Learn Yoga and practice it daily.
- Live cheerfully, happy people seldom look old.
- There is more to life than just the numbers. Break free from the complexity and just take things as they come. Simplify things and live for the moment, it can do wonders.
- Take care of your skin, keep it hydrated and moisturized. Here is a list of best skin care tips.
- Take proper rest, sleep well. Too little sleep can cause stress and anxiety. Over sleep can cause obesity. Strike a balance 6-8 hours is the recommended figure for most people.
- Vitamin D is important for you. Research published in the Science translational Medicine points out that deficiency of vitamin D induces early signs of aging in human bones. Get exposed to sunlight but wear skin protection.
- Take care of your hair. Healthy and glowing hair make you look younger.
- Take a break from work, plan a vacation or invest sometime in pursuing what you love. Stress can wear you down quickly, high stress causes aging. Figure out ways to relax and enjoy.
- Surprisingly watching TV can make you older quickly. Researchers at University of Queensland have published a study suggesting every hour spent in front of the idiot box can reduce your life as much as 22 minutes. Here is another good reason to keep your TV switched off.
Remember age is just a number. Your health and fitness levels determine how old you are and not the year in which you were born. Stay fit and Stay healthy.