In This Article
- What is Genucel?
- How Does It Work?
What is Genucel?
Genucel is a skincare range that uses the calendula plant as base. This base is combined with other well-known anti-aging ingredients such as vitamins and plant extracts. These ingredients work together to nourish and moisturize the Skin, as well as boost collagen production and provide protection against free radicals.
Genucel products are sold individually or in packages. Among their most popular products are the Jawline Treatment with MDL Technology, Triple Action Technology Eye Cream, Deep Firming Serum, Sun Spot Corrector, and Plant Stem Cell Therapy Cream.
Who is the manufacturer of Genucel?
Genucel is manufactured by a direct-to-consumer skincare company of the same name. This company was founded by George Faltaous, a pharmacist. In 1999, Faltaous created a wrinkle cream composed of antioxidants and calendula flower extract.
That cream produced sensational results. Word starts spreading quickly and before he knows it, many people are eager to try the wrinkle cream for themselves. The turning point, however, was when a dermatologist tried it. Faltaous then quit his job to launch his skincare company and the rest, as they say, is history.
What are the active ingredients used in Genucel?
Genucel, in general, uses the following key ingredients in their products:
- Vitamin C – This vitamin is known for its many benefits, the key ones being the antioxidant, skin-brightening, and collagen induction properties. Learn more about these benefits through this 2017 article from Nutrients.
- Antioxidants – The antioxidants used by Genucel are derived from a mix of extracts from green tea, cranberry, and grapeseed among others. Antioxidants function to protect the skin against oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Their role in dermatology is discussed in this 2017 review article from Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Considered the ultimate solution when it comes to skin moisturization and moisture retention due to its ability to attract and store moisture in the dermis. Aside from the moisturization properties, this molecule has plenty of other benefits, all of which are elaborated in this 2012 review article from DermatoEndocrinology.
- Peptides – The molecules are commonly found in many anti-aging products. Their main function is to stimulate the body to produce more collagen and elastin, as reported by numerous studies, including this 2009 study from the International Journal of Cosmetic Science.
How does Genucel work?
Much like any other skincare formula, Genucel products work primarily by providing intense moisturization and nourishment to the skin. They also work to replenish lost collagen by encouraging the body to produce more of it. Lastly, they also ensure that there will be no
additional skin problems to fix by protecting the skin against the factors that cause the problems to appear in the first place.
What are the advantages of using Genucel?
- It uses ingredients that have a proven track record of skincare benefits.
- It is free of preservatives, mineral oil, and any other potentially harsh ingredients.
- It helps improve the skin’s moisture levels and ability to retain that moisture.
- It helps provide intense nourishment to the skin.
- It helps increase collagen production by the body.
- It helps protect the skin against damage induced by UV light and other environmental factors.
What are the disadvantages of using Genucel?
- It is a bit more expensive compared to other skincare brands, according to users.
- It may take time before any improvements can be seen.
- It produces varying results among individuals.
Is it worth buying Genucel?
Genucel products may not be as popular as those seen in the mainstream media, but user reviews on their products, especially the Jawline Treatment with MDL Technology, will tell you that their products are effective and worthy of consideration.
How much is Genucel?
The prices for the individual products and packages are not posted on the official website. You will know them once you actually order the product.
Are there any side effects of using Genucel?
So far, there have been no serious side effects associated with any of Genucel’s products. However, if you have sensitive skin and/or a history of allergy to any of the ingredients, proceed with caution. It is advised that you consult your dermatologist first prior to using Genucel, or any other skincare product for that matter.
How should you use/apply Genucel?
Genucel has various products and each has its own instructions for use. To know more about their proper usage, refer to the label of each product.
Does Genucel have a return policy?
Genucel has a 30-day refund policy for customers who wish to return the product.
When picking a skincare product to include in your regimen, it’s always important to consider that what works for others may not work the same way for you. Everyone’s skin is different and therefore can react differently even to the same product. Trial and error may be necessary, and it would help if you’ll also look at user reviews to help you out.
As far as reviews are concerned, Genucel is one of the brands that you should check out. It has received many favorable reviews from actual users, saying that the products can actually deliver their promised benefits. However, the products aren’t cheap and you’ll find that there are a lot of other brands that are much more affordable. If you have money to spend, Genucel is a good brand to check out.
The post Genucel Reviews – Should You Trust This Brand? appeared first on - The Beauty Insiders.