Fitness expert Adrian James explains how to supersize your guns…
1. In order to succeed, first you must fail. The key to building big arms is to fatigue the muscles, working them to the point of failure. If you feel like you could complete more reps at the end of your set, then carry on.
2. Good things come to those who “weight”. Take your time when completing reps, especially when lowering the dumbbell. Doing so will keep the muscle under tension for longer, working it to the limit.
3. Get a grip. To maximise the efficacy of sets, try switching your grip, placing your thumb under the barbell instead of over it. Doing so will cause your Triceps or biceps to work harder.
4. Give it a break. If you’re focused on building Bigger Arms, it’s natural to want to punish them every time you hit the gym. Leave at least two days between sessions, however, to allow the muscles time to repair.
5. Triceps best biceps. While the most visible muscle gains can be derived from performing bicep curls, bear in mind that the triceps are actually the larger muscle. As such, they require just as much attention as the biceps – if not more. Isolate those triceps and push them to the limit.
(Source: Adrian James, follow him on Twitter @adrianjamestv, or check out his website sixpackproductions.com.)