Pilates reformer workouts offer a unique and effective way to strengthen and lengthen your muscles, improve flexibility, and enhance body awareness. The reformer, a specialized piece of Pilates equipment, provides resistance and support, allowing for a wide range of exercises that target various muscle groups. In this article, we'll explore 20 different Pilates reformer workouts that you can incorporate into your fitness routine. Let's dive in!
1. Footwork: Begin with a series of footwork exercises to activate the legs, engage the core, and warm up the body.
2. Leg Circles: Strengthen the hip flexors and improve leg control and stability with leg circle exercises on the reformer.
3. Long Box Series: Utilize the long box attachment for a sequence of exercises that focus on core strength, back stability, and upper body engagement.
4. Arm Springs: Integrate arm exercises using the reformer's springs to target the muscles of the arms, shoulders, and upper back for improved upper body strength and tone.
5. Short Box: Engage the core and challenge the stability of the torso with a variety of exercises performed on the short box attachment.
6. Back Rowing: Strengthen the back muscles and improve posture with rowing exercises that target the upper and middle back.
7. Side Splits: Enhance hip mobility, strengthen the inner and outer thighs, and challenge your balance with side splits performed on the reformer.
8. Coordination: Improve overall body coordination and control with exercises that involve coordinated movements of the arms and legs.
9. Chest Expansion: Open up the chest and strengthen the muscles of the upper body with chest expansion exercises using the reformer's springs.
10. Short Spine Massage: Promote spinal mobility, stretch the back, and engage the core with short spine massage exercises.
11. Elephant: Target the hamstrings, glutes, and core with the elephant exercise, which involves a forward fold-like movement on the reformer.
12. Mermaid: Stretch and strengthen the muscles along the side of the body with the mermaid exercise, performed in various positions on the reformer.
13. The Hundred: Energize the body and warm up the core with the classic Pilates exercise known as "the hundred," adapted for the reformer.
14. Reverse Long Stretch: Challenge your upper body strength, shoulder stability, and core control with the reverse long stretch exercise.
15. Hip Series: Target the hips, glutes, and lower body muscles with a series of exercises that focus on hip extension, abduction, and stabilization.
16. Knee Stretches: Strengthen the core, shoulders, and arms while stretching the hips and improving knee stability through different variations of knee stretch exercises.
17. Twist: Enhance spinal mobility, strengthen the obliques, and improve rotational flexibility with twist exercises on the reformer.
18. Swan: Engage the muscles of the back, glutes, and hamstrings while elongating the spine and promoting extension with the swan exercise.
19. Teaser: Challenge your core strength and stability with variations of the teaser exercise performed on the reformer.
20. Stretch Series: Finish your Pilates reformer workout with a series of stretching exercises that target major muscle groups, promoting flexibility and relaxation.
The Video below will help you understand it more clearly
You can check out the equipment on Amazon here...
With these 20 Pilates Reformer Workouts, you can experience the full range of benefits that this versatile piece of equipment has to offer. From strengthening your core and improving posture to increasing flexibility and enhancing body awareness, Pilates reformer workouts provide a comprehensive and effective way to achieve your fitness goals. Remember to consult with a certified Pilates instructor to ensure proper technique and alignment while performing these exercises. Embrace the versatility of the reformer and enjoy the transformative effects it can have on your body and mind. Start your Pilates reformer journey today!