CHIA SEEDS: BENEFITS, NUTRITION, AND MORE
Native to Central America, Chia Seeds are high in nutrients, low in calories, and one of the world’s best super foods. They can slow down signs of aging, increase energy, improve sleep, maintain an optimal immune system, reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, reduce appetite and weight, and build strong bones. But what do they contain that makes them ‘super’?
What do Chia seeds contain?
Chia Seeds are a super food because they contain:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3’s).
- Calcium: 18% of the recommended daily intake.
- Manganese: 30% of the recommended daily intake
- Magnesium: 30% of the recommended daily intake.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the recommended daily intake.
What are the health benefits of chia seeds?
Chia seeds are good for your health because they are high in:
- Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Bone nutrients, including calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Chia seed recipe
Chia seeds are easy to incorporate into your diet. They can be made into pudding, blended into smoothies or oatmeal, and even baked into bread! Not only are they versatile, but they’re chock full of health.
A delicious way to gain the nutrients of chia seeds is by making chia pudding. Ingredients for Chia Pudding include:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1//2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Top with fruit and/or granola
Become a Patient
Are you interested in optimizing your health and wellness and becoming a patient? Call us at (888) 354-2466 or click the button below to get started. At Bion Healthcare, our goal is for you to experience personalized medicine that addresses the root cause of your health concerns and moves you toward optimal living.
The post Chia Seeds: A Super Food appeared first on Bion Healthcare .