Table of Contents
- What is Terbinaforce Lite Cream?
- Composition and Active Ingredients of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
- Terbinaforce Lite Cream Uses
- How does Terbinaforce Lite Cream work?
- Side-effects of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
- Contraindications of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
- Usage and Dosage instruction about Terbinaforce Lite Cream
- General Instructions and Warnings
- Substitutes for Terbinaforce Lite Cream
What is Terbinaforce Lite Cream?
Terbinaforce Lite Cream is a combination of anti-fungal, steroid and antibiotic medicines prescribed to treat skin allergies caused as symptoms in various health conditions. Let’s explore more details about this medicine, precautions to take care while using the medicine, side effects it causes,
Composition and Active Ingredients of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
Terbinaforce Lite Cream is composed of below-mentioned drugs as an active ingredient.
- Clotrimazole – 1%w/w
- Clobetasol – 0.05%w/w
- Neomycin – 0.5%w/w
Manufactured by – Terbinaforce Lite Cream is manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
Prescription – Prescription is required, this is a prescription medicine and should be used on the prescription of Registered Medical Practitioner.
Available in the Forms – This medicine is available in the form of skin cream for external use only.
Drug Type – Terbinaforce Lite Cream contains a combination of anti-fungal (Clotrimazole), steroid (Clobetasol) and antibiotic (Neomycin) medicines
Terbinaforce Lite Cream Uses
This medication is prescribed to treat skin allergies like inflammation, redness, itching caused in some skin conditions such as
Also prescribed to treat skin conditions caused in some autoimmune diseases such as
- Alopecia areata
- Lichen planus
- Lichen sclerosus
How does Terbinaforce Lite Cream work?
This medicine is a combination of three different types of drugs as active ingredients. All these three drugs work differently to cure the conditions.
Clotrimazole belongs to an anti-fungal group of medication and works by preventing the fungi from forming their cell wall which is a protective membrane for the survival of the fungus to grow further. Thereby it arrests further growth of the infection.
Clobetasol belongs to Steroid group of medicine and it works by blocking certain chemical messengers in the brain called prostaglandins which are the main cause of allergic skin reactions such as itchy skin, skin rashes, and swelling
Neomycin is an antibiotic drug and works by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins that are required by the bacteria for its vital functions and growth. Hence arrests further growth of the bacteria and kill it.
Side-effects of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
Terbinaforce Lite Cream may possibly show some side effects in some patients but may not occur in every individual. It is advised to consult your doctor immediately if any of such side effects are noticed. Some possible side effects of Terbinaforce Lite Cream are:
- Skin irritation
- Skin redness
- Dry and itchy skin
- Unusual warm skin
- Burning or itching sensation at the site of application of the medicine
Contraindications of Terbinaforce Lite Cream
Terbinaforce Lite Cream is typically not suggested to use in case of below-mentioned conditions:
- Allergy towards the medicine or ingredients of the medicine
- Not advised to use in pregnancy, but with proper consultation if it is unavoidable and the intended benefits are overweighed over its adverse effects.
- Similarly, not advised to use in nursing women, but with proper consultation if it is unavoidable and the intended benefits are overweighed over its adverse effects.
Usage and Dosage instruction about Terbinaforce Lite Cream
- Clean the surface at the point of application well before application
- Clear the hands thoroughly after use to avoid contact with eyes, nose, and mouth by mistake.
- This medicine is recommended to use for an external purpose only. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, wounds, and cuts.
- Follow the dosage schedule as per prescription or read the product insert for instructions.
General Instructions and Warnings
- This medicine is advised to use only after confirmation of the infection, hence use only after consultation with a dermatologist.
- Caution should be taken and close monitoring should be done if used in case of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome.
- Complete full course for complete recovery as stopping in the middle of the course may trigger drug resistance by the infection-causing bacteria or fungi.
- Not recommended to use in children aged less than 12 years due to safety and efficacy reasons.
Substitutes for Terbinaforce Lite Cream
Below mentioned brands of medicine contain similar composition and strengths as Terbinaforce Lite Cream and hence your doctor may prescribe any of them as an alternative medicine based on the availability.
- Clop-GM Neo Cream – manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Clostar-Gm Cream – manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Candid 3D Cream – manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Zincort GC Neo Cream – manufactured by Megha Healthcare Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
The post Terbinaforce Lite appeared first on .