When you live with Chronic Pain, you often find yourself juggling various mood swings. It’s hard to stay positive when you’re in pain all the time, so here are some quotes to help you stay on track or to turn to when you need to be uplifted.
Thanks to Success.com for the following:
1. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
— Helen Keller
2. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.”
— Willie Nelson
3. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
— Lyndon B. Johnson
4. “In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”
— Dalai Lama
5. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”
— Walt Disney
6. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”
— Zig Ziglar
7. “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.”
— William James
8. “You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable.”
— Deepak Chopra
9. “The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being.”
— Lee lacocca
10. “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.”
— Harvey Mackay
11. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.”
— Les Brown
12. “I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments.”
— Roger Federer
13. “Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.”
— Colin Powell
14. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
— Winston Churchill
15. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so let us all be thankful.”
Quotes for Daily Living from Goodreads
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― The Fran Lebowitz Reader
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
“Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?”
“To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.”
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love – for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you from misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.”
― Desiderata: A Poem for a Way of Life
“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
“Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.”
“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”
“Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.”
“The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.”
― The Power of Positive Thinking
“The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”
“Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint!”
― Love and Friendship
“Sit in a room and read–and read and read. And read the right books by the right people. Your mind is brought onto that level, and you have a nice, mild, slow-burning rapture all the time.”
― The Power of Myth
“Be grateful, be smart, be clean, be true, be humble, be prayerful.”
― Way To Be!: 9 Rules For Living The Good Life
“Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.”
“Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.”
“May I share with you a formula that in my judgment will help you and help me to journey well through mortality… First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill your life with service; and third, fill your heart with love.”
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery.
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds!
“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.”
“Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.”
“The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.”
“Never lie in bed at night asking yourself questions you can’t answer.”
“Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.”
“Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.”
― The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
“Breathe properly. Stay curious. And eat your beets.”
― Jitterbug Perfume
“It is foolish to tear one’s hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness.”
There Is Always Hope
The post A Positivity Pause (Quotes To Help Your Frame Of Mind) appeared first on There Is Always Hope.