Dark Underarms is not a health issue but can be a reason behind your embarrassment and low self-esteem. The underarm area seldom gives trouble (except the sweat) and most of us tend to neglect it once and for all. But, we cannot deny the fact that every part of the living body needs equal care and attention.
Also, the area under the arm is highly sensitive and very susceptible to a range of Skin problems including rashes, pigmentation, infection, cyst, pimples, swollen lymph nodes etc. One of the most common problem faced by both men and women is related to the darkening and discoloration of skin under arms.
What causes dark underarms?
There are many reasons behind the darker underarms. You can consult a physician to rule out the possible underlying problems that may have resulted the skin discoloration. I have listed some major reasons below:
- Frequent use of hair removal creams
- Excessive sweating
- Inadequate ventilation of under arms
- Accumulation of dead Skin Cells in armpits
- Excessive use of deodorants
- Overindulgence into antiperspirants
- Acanthosis nigricans – a skin related disorder
- Hormonal disturbances in the body
- Oral contraceptives
How to lighten your dark underarms?
Try these 10 best home remedies to lighten and whiten the dark and damaged skin under your arms and make it look fair and smooth.
1. Potatoes for natural underarm whitening
Potatoes is used as as a natural bleaching agent for treating many skin conditions. Potatoes are mild to the skin surface so will not cause any kind of irritation to the soft skin. Your dark underarms can be whitened with the regular use of potatoes.
- Grate a potato and apply the extracted juice to your underarms.
- Let it sit and dry for about 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off thoroughly with warm water.
- Repeat twice daily to get rid of dark underarms.
Alternatively, you can rub a raw potato slice on the under arms. This will also give you desired results.
2. Treat your dark underarms with Lemon
Lemon is another very good natural bleaching agent that has outstanding antiseptic and antibacterial properties. In addition to this, lemon juice has citric acid that gradually reduces the dark patches under your arms and makes the skin tone even. However, it can cause the skin to dry out so you need to moisturize your skin well after its applications.
- Add some sugar to lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on your armpits and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then gently scrub the skin for about 5 minutes
- Wash using plain water, pat dry and apply your regular moisturizer.
- Repeat this process once in every two days.
3. Underarm whitening using Honey
Honey is filled with some real goodness and acts a perfect natural remedy for many health and beauty related conditions. It has an amazing antibacterial property that helps to get rid of germs and bacteria causing dead skin cells. It also helps to get you a naturally smooth skin free from irritation.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply it on your armpits.
- Spread it evenly and let it dry completely.
- Rinse off with warm water
- Repeat this remedy to get the best possible result.
4. Lighten up your underarms with Sandalwood
Sandalwood is another great alternative to treat your dark underarms. It contains some amazing cleansing and skin lightening properties. And its fragrance will eliminate the body odor and causing bacteria completely. It also helps to relax any kind of burning sensation on the skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon of rose water to 2 tablespoon of sandalwood powder.
- Mix well to make a thick consistent paste and apply to your armpits.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat this method everyday to get amazing results.
5. Milk – an effective home remedy for dark underarms
Milk is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that helps to lightens the dark underarms while softening and brightening the skin tone. The mild sensation of milk promotes healthy growth of skin cells and removal of dead and damaged skin.
- Add a tbsp each of plain yogurt and gram flour to 2 tsp of full fat cream milk.
- Mix well and apply the paste on your underarms.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse well with cold water.
- Repeat 4 times a week for great results.
6. Use Cucumber for effective underarm whitening
Cucumbers is another great example of excellent natural bleaching agents that facilitate underarm whitening. It is very mild and renowned for its amazing cooling effect. Cucumbers are the best home remedies for skin whitening.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and a tbsp of lemon juice to cucumber juice and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your underarms and leave it on for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Then rinse off well with plain water.
- Repeat this method once daily for a week.
Alternatively, you can simply rub a cucumber slices on your under arms or apply its juice for whitening purpose.
7. Get rid of dark underarms with Orange Peels
Orange have excellent bleaching and exfoliating properties which makes it a great home remedy to lighten the dark underarms. It can also be used as a natural deodorant. It helps remove the darkness by clearing out the dead skin cells.
- Leave the orange peels to dry in enough sunlight.
- Grind them to form dusty powder.
- Add rose water and milk to two teaspoons of orange peel dust.
- Mix well to form a thick paste and apply to your underarms.
- Scrub gently and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy for 3 times a week.
8. Vinegar remedy for whitening dark underarms
Vinegar is a another very good home remedy whose application not only lightens your skin color but will also help you get rid of the germs and bacteria that feed on dead skin cells. Vinegar helps combat the foul odor that’s generated underarms.
- Add enough vinegar to some rice flour and mix well to make a thick paste.
- Prepare yourself for the remedy by taking a hot shower then pat the skin dry.
- Now apply the paste on your underarms and leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this method for 3 times a week.
9. Yogurt treatment to lighten dark patches underarms
The dead skin cells and impurities that causes the discoloration of the skin under your arms can be easily combated with the combination of yogurt and honey. Besides that, it also helps to neutralize the skin’s pH level as well as the body odor.
- Take a tablespoon of yogurt and apply it evenly to the armpits.
- Gently massage the yogurt all over the dark armpits in circular motion
- Wait for few minutes then wash it with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy daily.
Note: For added benefits, you can add a tablespoon of honey to the yogurt.
10. Combat dark underarms naturally with Baking Soda
Baking soda makes a remarkable exfoliating scrub. This natural scrub helps in easy removal of dead and damaged skin cells and unclogging of skin pores. It can be used as a top-notch underarm whitening treatment at home.
- Add just enough water to make a thick paste of baking soda.
- Use this paste to gently scrub and exfoliate the underarm skin.
- Rinse it off with water and pat the skin dry with a soft towel.
- You can also add some cornstarch powder to the baking soda to get rid of body odor.
These home remedies are completely safe to try and therefore do not have side-effects. However, it is recommended to conduct a patch test before the actual application in order to rule out any possible irritation.
Let us know how these remedies worked for you. We are eager to listen to your feedback.
Also, if you are worried about underarms skin tag then here are top 10 home remedies to get rid of it.
The post Top 10 home remedies to get rid of dark underarms appeared first on Top10 Natural Tips.
This post first appeared on Natural Beauty Tips | Natural Skin Care Tips | Homemade Hair Care Tips, please read the originial post: here