In our age, science knows more about our bodies than ever before, and this means that we can have better knowledge than ever about which diets have actual benefits for our health. The Paleo and Keto diets are two examples of beneficial diets for a healthy body.
Most people have probably heard of the Paleo Diet, while the Keto hasn’t been making that many headlines, so it’s not that popular, but it’s another great option nonetheless. Let’s break both of them down and have a quick look at what the involve and what are their benefits for our health.
Paleo diet main features
The Paleo diet involves the fact that our body could be healthier if we ate the same way as our ancestors did. It has also been called the hunter’s diet or the caveman’s diet but of course without all the heavily processed foods. The Paleo diet claims that we should eliminate processed foods because our bodies were not made to digest these.
Here are the foods recommended in the Paleo diet: meat, nuts, plants, seeds and root vegetables. You should also avoid eating legumes, grains, salt, sugar, dairy and all processed foods. The Paleo diet is about creating lean muscle and consuming foods that create fast energy. It’s not always recommended to eat low carb foods, and the diet is often called high-fat, but this does not mean that you can’t try some low carb recipes as well.
This diet doesn’t involve endlessly counting your calories, and this is one of the reasons for which many find it more relaxing compared to other diets.
Main benefits of the Paleo diet
- The diet’s main goal is to make us healthier and eliminate many health-related issues.
- A primary benefit of the Paleo diet is improved digestive health because it eliminates foods that our body was not meant to digest such as processed foods, dairy, and more.
- The Paleo diet also triggers enhanced intestinal and stomach health.
- Another benefit is relief from autoimmune diseases and improved blood sugar balance.
- The Paleo diet can lead to weight loss which is obviously beneficial for people with excessive weight.
The Keto diet’s main features
The Keto diet may seem similar to the Paleo, but it’s quite different. This diet has been designed in order to stimulate extreme weight loss besides the fact that is proven to also help with various health conditions. The diet works by making our body lose fat quickly by researching it to burn fat more efficiently. It does this by entering a unique metabolic stated that’s known as ketosis. This is a state in which the body enters when it doesn’t have glucose to burn energy. Without glucose, the body burns fatty acids for energy. So, basically, the Keto diet involved eliminating cutting down on the carbs.
Here are the foods that are recommended in the Keto diet: animal protein, leafy green veggies and healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, animal fats, and coconut oil. It’s not recommended to eat grains, legumes, sugars and starchy veggies such as potatoes.
For high carb lovers, this diet can be a bit difficult, but you can always turn to low carb foods because they’re also tasty. You don’t have to eliminate carbs altogether. Try out some low carb desserts and even low carb smoothies. You can also have a low carb breakfast, and you’ll see that this diet’s benefits are worth it.
Keto diet main benefits
- The primary goal of the keto diet is weight loss, so with its help, you can lose fat really quick and in a productive way.
- This diet can also help patients who have type 2 diabetes.
- The Keto diet can help people who are suffering from cognitive conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can also help prevent and treat seizures.
As you can see both the Keto and Paleo diets are more than beneficial for the body, it just depends on what you’re after.
The post Paleo and Keto Diets: Differences and Benefits appeared first on Health Thoroughfare.