High Blood Pressure or hypertension is a condition when the Blood exerts high Pressure against the artery walls. High blood pressure is a silent killer condition which can lead to other major health complications like kidney ailments, heart diseases, strokes, etc. According to the Indian Health Association, the normal blood pressure range is between 120/180, the range between 120/180 – 140/90 is termed as ‘prehypertension’ while the range higher than 140/90 requires instant treatment.
With regular checkup, you can control or maintain the blood pressure levels. Regular exercises and de-stress activities really work well to maintain normal blood pressure levels. However, even if you are not able to devote enough time to routine exercise, some simple dietary changes can still control the blood pressure levels. Here are 10 wonder foods for high blood pressure which can be included in one’s daily diet.
The Perfect Hypertension Diet Ingredients
1. Leafy Greens–Green leafy veggies like spinach, beet greens, Swiss chard, arugula, romaine lettuce, kale, turnip greens, collard greens, etc. are rich in potassium which works well to get rid of the extra sodium from the body through urine. An interesting way to include leafy greens in the daily diet is preparing veggies with nut milk or bananas.
2. Red Beets–Beets are rich in nitric oxide; the nitrate in beetroot juice lowers the blood pressure in just 24hours. You can prepare a tempting beetroot juice, beetroot smoothies, or baked beetroot chips.
3. Oatmeal–You can plan a quality hypertension diet with a bowl full of oatmeal. High in fiber, low in sodium and fat, consuming oatmeal in breakfast is an excellent way to keep control blood pressure levels and stay fueled for the rest of the day.
4. Bananas–are a rich source of potassium. Adding one banana into your everyday diet is a simple way to keep blood pressure under control.
5. Celery–contains phytochemicals, which are also known as phthalides which relaxes the muscle cells in the artery walls. According to research, daily consumption of celery stalks could keep blood pressure under check.
6. Avocados–are one of the excellent foods that lower the blood pressure quickly. It is rich in oleic acid which controls the blood pressure and cholesterol levels. In addition to this, avocados contain vitamins A, B, K,and E and are highly loaded with fiber.
7. Watermelon–The amino acid, L-citrulline is great to balance blood pressure. Also, watermelon supplies body with fiber, vitamin A, lycopene, and potassium. Hence, you should add this delectable fruit to your high blood pressure diet.
A handful of sunflower seeds fulfills the requirement of vitamin E, protein, folic acid, fiber, and magnesium. One can eat unsalted sunflower seeds as a snack to facilitate heart health.
8. Sunflower Seeds–
9. Carrots–are rich in beta-carotene and potassium. One glass carrot juice every morning helps to regulateblood pressure, kidney, and heart functions.
10. Olive Oil–It is a healthy fat which contains polyphenols. These are inflammation-fighting compounds which reduces blood pressure to a great extent.
Eating the right healthy foods helps to control blood pressure; however, one should still regularly monitor the blood pressure. Blood pressure is just one aspect to understand your heart health; however, to understand the complete health status a full body checkup is important.
In a nutshell, high blood pressure can be prevented, by avoiding foods that raise blood pressure and staying active.