The dress in this photo has been dubbed my “sexy dress” by a fabulous female staffer at a resort I recently stayed at, and apparently I am “sexy girl”. It has been a long time since I thought of myself as Sexy in any way, so that made me feel pretty darn good.
At the same time, I was working on turning the book 101 Ways to Live Well into my own personal self-care manual as part of my journalling project, and 2 of those 101 ways involved livening up your libido and feeling sexy. And that got me thinking, why shouldn’t I feel sexy? Because sexy isn’t necessarily about sex (which hasn’t happened for a long while). It’s about feeling fierce, and it really can fall under the umbrella of self-care.
Shortly before all of this came up, I’d read a post by the lovely Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo about planning a boudoir photo shoot. Curious to learn more, I stumbled across some boudoir pics of a dance teacher I’ve done classes with, the amazing Portia Favro, and I thought WOW. At this point the cost of a boudoir shoot just isn’t in the budget, but it’s an interesting little goody to put on the back burner. And just as I was finishing up writing this post, the oh-so-sexy Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo published her post-shoot follow-up. Yay!
Back to my self-care manual. So, what did I come up with for ways to bring the sexy back? Well. here goes:
- Go commando: I went for a walk on the beach commando one morning; to be honest, it was because I had a bit of a sunburn on my butt so it was just more comfortable. But then I realized hey, this is kind of hot. Perhaps I should do this a little more often
- Wear sexy lingerie just for me: I don’t have a huge stash of sexy lingerie, but I do have some that I never wear because there’s been no sexy business going on. Sexy business or no sexy business, it’s still worth it just for me every once in a while.
- Sticking with that same idea, buy some more sexy lingerie just for me.
- Show a little cleavage once in a while.
- Do a little at-home selfie boudoir shoot. (note to self: don’t save the photos to iCloud)
- Do a little at-home version of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, with some fierce tunes and a fierce strut to match.
- Fantasize. Not someone from real-life. Maybe rockin it old school like Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. Not fantasizing sex, but all the fun stuff that comes before getting down and dirty.
- Do a professional boudoir shoot at some point down the road.
- I have an aromatherapy blend called Embrace that’s supposed to be sensual. I use it in my diffuser because several of the oils in it are supposed to be good for mood, but maybe it would make a good pairing with the Brad Pitt Legends of the Fall fantasy.
That’s what I’ve managed to come up with so far. What do you do to make yourself feel sexy?