Did you know that depending on the way in which Almonds are eaten, they can be more or less beneficial for health? That’s right, this dry fruit is very beneficial for the body because of the large amount of vitamin E it provides, proteins, fiber and essential amino acids, but the truth is that if it is soaked in water before eating it, these benefits multiply considerably. Improve digestion, promote weight loss, protect the heart, reduce cholesterol, improve cognitive function, prevent cell damage … these are just some of the benefits you can get if you start eating almonds soaked daily. Keep reading this Green Health Tips article to discover how almonds should be eaten and what their benefits are.
Benefits of eating soaked almonds
The best way to eat almonds to make the most of all its nutrients and benefit the health of the body is soaked in water. In addition, with this, weight loss is also achieved.
The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that leaving the almonds soaked overnight before eating them eliminates their brown peel, which acts by inhibiting the natural enzymes of this nut. In this way, it is possible to take better advantage of its nutrients and on the other hand they are softened and consequently, they are much easier to chew and digest.
Eating soaked almonds gives the body a greater amount of omega-3, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E. In addition to this, many more benefits are achieved , such as those detailed below:
- They help to release digestive enzymes, which improve the absorption of nutrients and therefore, digestion. Letting the almonds soak for about 8 hours allows lipase to be released, an enzyme that improves the absorption and digestion of fats.
- They protect the cardiac health: they reduce the high levels of bad cholesterol, they improve the circulation of the blood and they protect the arteries.
- They are good for low-calorie diets and to lose weight, because they help to digest fats, reduce appetite and prevent flaccidity of the skin, strengthening muscle mass.
- Its high content of vitamin E is excellent to prevent cell aging and keep the body healthy.
- Another benefit of eating soaked almonds is that they improve the health and beauty of the skin. They regenerate the tissues, moisturize and bring luminosity. In this case, it is recommended to prepare an almond cream by poking it after being overnight in water and mixing it with a little honey or beeswax. Then, the cream should be applied to the skin leaving it to act for about 20 minutes.
Raw or toasted almonds?
Now that we know how to eat almonds to get all their benefits, we will answer another of the most common questions about the consumption of this nut: what is better to eat Raw Almonds or toast?
Although both are very rich in protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins, there are some differences that, finally, make one option healthier and healthier than the other. On the one hand raw almonds have a lower content of unsaturated fats and keep their essential amino acids intact. On the other hand toasted almonds, when previously treated, have more unsaturated fats because they are cooked with oil and in addition, do not conserve any essential amino acid.
Therefore, we can say that it is much healthier to eat raw almonds than toast. It must also be taken into account that toast when cooked and seasoned becomes more caloric products.
Other benefits of eating raw almonds every day
Most nutritionists advise eating raw almonds every day, with about 10 or 12 would be more than enough. Other benefits of raw almonds for health are:
- They reduce the risk of heart and degenerative diseases.
- Decrease blood glucose levels.
- They reduce blood pressure.
- Improve memory and concentration.
- They strengthen the bone structure.
- They prevent constipation
- They favor wellbeing and motivation because they are rich in tyrosine, which is an essential amino acid in the production of dopamine, which is known as the hormone of happiness.
This article is purely informative, in Green Health Tips we do not have the faculty to prescribe medical treatments or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to eat almonds , we recommend you to enter our category of Food.