Every time our child has an Infection we worry.
And, although urinary infections can occur frequently in children, they can cause significant damage.
That is why it is necessary to alleviate it and eliminate it quickly avoiding future complications.
Urinary tract infections are a very common problem for everyone and usually occur mostly in the first years of life and although it is easy to treat, it is important to end it before it gets complicated.
In this article we tell you how to deal with and relieve urinary infection in children naturally.
What are the causes of urinary tract infection in children?
These infections can appear for multiple reasons that cause bacteria to reach the bladder or kidneys, such as:
- Vesicoureteral reflux, which causes urine to be returned to the ureters and kidneys. It is a very normal condition in the first weeks of birth.
- Diseases of the nervous system that hinder the emptying of the bladder.
- The bubble baths.
- The clothes very tight.
- Do not urinate frequently.
- Clean from back to front when going to the bathroom, allowing bacteria to enter the bladder.
What are the symptoms of a urinary infection in a child?
Depending on the degree to which the infection is found, it usually presents initially with the following symptoms:
- The urine may contain blood, be dark in color because of the infection, or have a strong odor.
- There is a need to go to the bathroom constantly.
- Pain or burning when urinating.
- Pressure or pain in the pelvis.
- Problems to contain urine.
However, if it is not detected and treated early, your child may develop pyelonephritis (infection of the kidneys). In this case, you can submit:
- Shaking chills
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe pain in the belly and sides
What home remedies can help relieve urinary tract infection?
It is very important that your child drinks between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day. Water will help fight infection, eliminate bacteria, go to the bathroom regularly and keep urine clean.
2. Sodium bicarbonate
- Add 1 tablespoon (10 g) of baking soda to a glass of water (200 ml).
- This mixture will help to alleviate the infection and eliminate the acidity found in the urine, which will allow the recovery to be much faster.
3. The pineapple
Pineapple is recognized as a natural diuretic.
A cup (150 g) of this wonderful fruit will not only allow you to go to the bathroom more often, but also, due to its natural components, will help you eliminate the infection.
4. The blueberries
This fruit has antimicrobial and antibiotic properties that can be very effective against infections that can be found in the Urinary Tract.
It can be consumed whole, although it is shown that between 2 and 4 glasses of its juice is the most effective way to keep the bladder clean and free of infections.
5. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is known to provide a lot of benefits , even when it comes to problems with Urinary Tract Infections.
To combat bacteria and bladder infections with great ease, it will be enough for your child to consume 1 tablespoon (15 g) of this oil daily.
This fruit contains high levels of water , so it is an option if your little one is bored of drinking so much liquid.
You can give it to him in pieces and this will be in charge of purifying the urinary tract.
Garlic stands out for having a large amount of antibacterial properties that will help fight the bacteria that cause the infection in your child’s bladder.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
What should you do?
- Select two totally healthy garlic cloves.
- Crush the garlic and add to a cup of hot water.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and sweeten if you consider it necessary.
Drinking 3 cups of this tea a day will help relieve all the symptoms and eliminate the infection quickly.
How to avoid urinary tract infections in children?
To prevent these infections from occurring regularly, we recommend you follow the following tips:
- Avoid foam baths.
- Do not dress them with tight clothes.
- Liquids are essential, whether juices or water.
- Teach them to clean their genitals.
- Create a schedule to go to the bathroom.
This way you will not only be able to alleviate the symptoms, but also, you will be able to prevent it from suffering from infections in the urinary tract in the future.
What to do if none of the recommendations work?
If none of these recommendations work for your child, we recommend that you check with your doctor.
He will examine you and prescribe a specific treatment that will help you with the infection.