The fried milk is without a doubt one of the sweetest consumed during the winter . And therefore we do not have to tell you that it is a dessert that begins to take a lot of prominence when the thermometer begins to fall in a dive from November.
In fact, it is estimated that the origin of fried milk took place in the north of Spain , more specifically throughout some regions of Castilla León such as Valladolid or Palencia where temperatures can drop below zero during the hard months of winter.
The recipe for fried milk is made up entirely of milk, flour, sugar, cinnamon and lemon , ingredients that are mixed on a very slow fire until you get well elongated and square portions that turn out to be an explosion of flavors in our palate.
It is a dessert that is also very easy to prepare and is therefore a most useful option if we are going to receive an unexpected visit at home and we want to surprise it with a sweet that is always a guarantee of success.
For this reason, we recommend that you give him an opportunity if you have run out of ideas when cooking your own desserts . And the fried milk is an option as simple as delicious with which all members of your family or friends will be truly delighted .
Simple fried milk recipe. All the steps to follow
Surely after reading this introductory paragraph on fried milk, you have entered an urgent desire to taste this sweet as soon as possible. But be calm! From Green Health Tips we only look for you to suck your fingers with all the recipes we have been proposing over the last few years. And this maxim with this dessert was not going to be less.
Therefore, next we are going to propose a fried milk recipe that is very easy to prepare and that you can make from the kitchen of your home.
Although first of all, you will need the following ingredients: half a liter of whole milk, two large eggs, 100 grams of sugar, lemon zest, 60 grams of cornmeal (cornstarch), 50 grams of cinnamon, 50 grams of cinnamon , a sprig of vanilla and oil for frying.
Preparation of fried milk:
Do you already have everything? Well now we will go to the most important thing to make this delicious fried milk dessert come true. And for that, you will have to follow the following steps below:
- In a mixing bowl introduce the sugar, flour, two eggs and 250ml of milk. We remove everything well using rods.
- In a separate saucepan we begin to heat the rest of the milk, the vanilla sprig with a little cinnamon to our liking and the lemon zest.
- We stir everything over low heat until it starts to boil. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the first ingredients together with the hot milk and heat again over a very low heat without the cinnamon and vanilla. We keep stirring so that no lumps appear. We put everything in the fridge for the next 24 hours.
- After this time, we will obtain a dough that we will cut into rectangular or square shapes that we will then pass through a mixture of flour and egg.
- Next, we will pass these forms by boiling oil until they are well fried. Finally, sprinkle with sugar and ground cinnamon to our liking. And to suck your fingers!