Savory and succulent, these Thai-style chicken skewers are quick to make and loaded with umami. Marinated in a creamy Peanut Coconut Sauce, these skewers require little prep and can be paired with rice for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
Quick Thai Chicken Skewers
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium, reduced sugar peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste or Sriracha
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 3 strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce and Sriracha in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, just until smooth and well-blended.
Thread chicken evenly on skewers. Brush peanut mixture over chicken. Let marinate 10 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat broiler to high or grill to medium-high. Broil chicken 8–10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3 skewers
Per serving: Calories: 205; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 68mg; Sodium: 244mg; Carbohydrate: 4g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 26g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 382mg; Iron: 8%; Vitamin A: 3%; Vitamin C: 3%; Calcium: 2%
The post Recipe: Quick Thai Chicken Skewers with Peanut Coconut Sauce appeared first on Under Armour.
from Under Armour http://ift.tt/2mDZ9cc