Hello dear fans and visitors from Budapest or anywhere else,
We are pretty sure you cannot deny that there are little things which annoy you when living in a Shared Flat. We asked several students to tell us their most bothering experiences with Flatmates here in Budapest.
Here you can find a collection of the 6 most commonly mentioned “problems”:
- Let’s start with toilet paper, a never ending story…. Every one of you knows the following situation: You are sitting on the toilet and recognize too late that the toilet paper is used up. And you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
- Almost everyone drinks milk or uses it for cooking and more. You go to the fridge and are already looking forward to a fresh cold glass of milk. But then you recognize the milk package from the fridge being empty. And you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
- It is 4 o’clock in the morning and you are sleeping deeply to be fit for your exam the following day at 8 am. Suddenly you hear people singing, dancing and slamming doors. It doesn’t take long until they enter your room and try to get in your bed. And you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
- You come home from an exhausting day at university and directly go to the kitchen because you are very hungry. The kitchen sink is full of dirty plates, everywhere are used pans and the stove is full of oil and fat stains. Immediately you leave the kitchen backwards and you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
- You are so excited about the upcoming party tonight and you already exactly know what you are going to wear – the little black dress. You go to your closet but you can’t find your lovely dress, neither in your wardrobe nor in the laundry basket. And you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
- Finally, another classical situation, you come home and you already smell at the door that the garbage has still not been put out. And you think “Who the hell of my flatmates is responsible for that?!”
Well, you might ask yourself the question why you are still living in a shared flat. As the Erasmus students we interviewed, you will probably realize that these little things annoy you, but that you are not perfect either. And then you remember the funny, great and unforgettable time you have spent in your WG. Just have a look on our article “What activities do you share?” and be inspired from this flat-sharing community here in Budapest.
As an advice from our interview partners: Try to learn to be patient since your flatmates also have to live with your personal imperfections.
Have you experienced little annoying things in your shared flat as well? Share your experience with us, just leave a comment!
This post first appeared on Flacommy - Your Sharing Community Guide - From Students For Students, please read the originial post: here