In this post, we examined 5 of the best-selling Baume & Mercier watches.
Baume & Mercier is a watch company that manufactures luxury watches for both men and women. It was launched by two brothers in 1830 and they have been making high-quality timepieces ever since.
Most luxury watches are analog, which means they’re operated by small gears called movements. There are two main types of movements: quartz and automatic.
Quartz movement keeps time via a battery while automatics are wound by the movement of your arm (Source).
If you’re in the market for a luxury watch, watch aficionados recommend you purchase an automatic. These watches are desirable because the second hand travels smoothly as opposed to a quartz watch hand that jerks with each tick (Source).
Comparing The Options
|Baume & Mercier Watches||Our Rating||Price ($)|
|The Classima Executive Watch||3.8||$$$|
|The Men's Classima Date Watch||3.6||$$|
|The Men's Classima XL Watch||3.8||$$$|
|The Clifton Men’s Automatic Watch||5.0||$$$|
|The Classima Executives Automatic Silver Dial Watch||4.0||$$$|
How Do They Compare
In this article we look at 5 men’s luxury watches from Baume & Mercier.
- The Men’s Classima Executive watch is an automatic watch with a silver dial and stylish Roman numerals. The case is round and made of stainless steel and it features a brown leather strap for a classic look that goes well with a suit, or your casual weekend wear. The watch is rated to be water resistant up to 30 meters, but it should be noted that water resistant doesn’t mean water proof, and you should be cautious about getting these watches wet Source.
- The Clifton is another elegant watch that will go well with both dress and casual wear. It features a silver dial with alternating Arabic numeral and index hour markers. The case is stainless steel and the black alligator strap makes for a classic look. Like the previous watch, this uses Swiss automatic movement. Buyers said this watch was attractive and not too large on smaller wrists.
- Next up is the Men’s Classica XL. This watch, like the others, uses Swiss automatic movements and can function without a battery through power from your arm’s movement. It features a stainless steel case, black dial with a croco-embossed leather bracelet. The blue steel hands are a nice contrast to the black dial. This watch is a more sporty design as it features a chronograph with two sub dials displaying 30 minutes and 12 hours. While buyers noted the hefty price tag, most agreed the quality is worth it.
- The next timepiece we reviewed is the Classima Swiss Date watch. This is a no-frills watch that’s quite elegant and stylish in its simplicity. It features precise Swiss movement, a stainless steel case and a black leather strap. Roman numerals adorn the white face. This watch is rated to be water resistant up to 99 feet, but it’s not recommended you wear it in the shower or swimming.
- Last up is the Classima Executive watch. Like the previous watches, this features a Swiss automatic movement. The case is 42mm, which should fit most sized wrists comfortably. The case is stainless steel with a black alligator strap. Like the other Classima watches, this is a simple design that will go well with virtually any wardrobe.
Best Baume & Mercier For 2018
1. The Classima Executive watch Review
Ease Of Use
This automatic watch for men offered by Baume & Mercier is extraordinary, elegant, well-designed, and sophisticated. Users love the dual-time feature, but some do note that they had issues with the clasp.
In general, users are satisfied with the performance, size, and design of the Baume & Mercier executive watch, and they highly recommend it. A buyer comments that the watch keeps excellent time and that it’s perfect for a dress watch. He adds that this automatic watch is relatively large but comfortable to wear.
Another reviewer shares that he has owned this timepiece for more than three years and that he hasn’t had a single issue with it. A user also notes that the crown is easy to manipulate and that the finish is impeccable. However, some customers indicate that the clasp is too complicated to hook up or remove and that they’re going to change it with an ordinary one. Some also state that the watch stopped working far quicker than they expected.